Doc Martens

Isuls

Reaction score
I absolutely love Dr Martens Classics, but all these (in my opinion) cloney pop stars keep wearing my beloved boots. Does anyone know of any boots that are similar to Dr Martens but are more original and less mainstream at the moment?
Call me petty but I can't stand wearing exactly the same as everybody else.
Thanks,

Carolina workboots. They are THE BEST.
boots.jpg

I have had these for six years and they are still holding up strong. Plus you can get them re-soled and re-heeled, which you can't with Docs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Docs a lot. I have a pair of oxfords and a pair of 20 eyelet tall boots, but my Carolinas get the most wear of all.

I wanna get a pair of boots like those, to stick them into my MiuMiu silver pants :ninja: ...Where can I get those?

Originally posted by Alejandro@May 2nd, 2004 - 4:56 pm
I wanna get a pair of boots like those, to stick them into my MiuMiu silver pants :ninja: ...Where can I get those?
Try googling it... :wink:

:innocent:

Go to a work-clothes warehouse that sells uniform stuff and workboots and overalls and the like. That is your best bet. You can get some great boots at work warehouse shops. Those electrician's lineman boots are the BEST. I wish I had gotten a pair of those rather than those stupid 20 eyelet Docs. The lineman's boots are better because they have hooks rather than eyelets, so they are much easier to lace up and get in and out of.

Hrm, I wondered why sometimes when I see the taller Doc Martens (14 holes +) they were only half laced up.......

:innocent:

I think they look pretty good..........can be formal or dressy. Cant speak from experience though :lol:

Originally posted by Belowen@May 3rd, 2004 - 7:14 am
Daria boots! :woot:
That's the first thing I thought of too!!! Who didn't love that cartoon?!

i love dr martens but unfortunately, i have pretty skinny lower part of legs and my shoe size is smalllll...so i look like a bigfoot in them :cry: though i do love how they look paired with cute skirts..or whatever.

My sister had many friends who went through a "goth" stage, wearing all black, etc. One of the things that interested me was the high-leg Doc Martens. One such friend I still have some contact with. She had 3 pair, a 10 hole, 14 hole and a 20 hole.

Shes got a strong figure and looks real nice in them. Cant wear knee boots for that reason as her calves are muscular (her words, not mine) :innocent:

i always wanted the 20 eye ones... after seein them on some japanese guy in the fruits book... i loved how they looked on him... only done up half way... all that excess leather hanging down.... the sheer excess of buyin big *** boots but not wanting them really i loved... never got the boots though... cash flow problems of an art student... i had silk paint to buy which was more important.... n gold leaf....

I have long, thin feet and skinny ankles but I've managed to find a pair of Docs that fit me. It took years though and the first pair I got in grade 7 still sit in my closet because they are too big. :ninja: But I managed to find some 8 hole boots that fit. They are a slightly softer leather than regular Docs so they form to my ankles and feet better. I love them, they're this really neat dark blue-green colour that changes slightly under different lighting. :heart:

I only wear them with jeans though. I can't figure out out to make them look good with skirts.

Originally posted by banana@May 4th, 2004 - 1:29 pm
I have long, thin feet and skinny ankles but I've managed to find a pair of Docs that fit me. It took years though and the first pair I got in grade 7 still sit in my closet because they are too big. :ninja: But I managed to find some 8 hole boots that fit. They are a slightly softer leather than regular Docs so they form to my ankles and feet better. I love them, they're this really neat dark blue-green colour that changes slightly under different lighting. :heart:

I only wear them with jeans though. I can't figure out out to make them look good with skirts.
it depends on the skirt..i wore this knee length, baggy ish velvety skirt and tried on docs and they looked great except they looked sooo hugeee..

im so envious of you for finding the perfect fit though :angry: im still on my hunt :flower:

You have to look in the right places. I was lucky to find a store that sold discontinued styles but their selection was really random. Just try a whole bunch of styles in your size and one of them might fit. Two of roomates last year had uber small feet yet they still managed to find a pair before I did. :flower:

Doc Martens: how many eyelets do they go to?

A curious question I must admit, but something that occured to me when I saw a pair on eBay with 20 eyelets?!

The most I'd ever seen before that was 14, and those were pretty much like low heel knee length boots.

Anyone got any advances over 20? :huh:

Thanks

the 20 eyelets stop at the knee - no taller than that...I know because I have some. as far as I know I think that is as many eyelets as you can get with docs.

utopia said:
the 20 eyelets stop at the knee - no taller than that...I know because I have some. as far as I know I think that is as many eyelets as you can get with docs.
They sound perfect for those cold winter mornings, and with having no heel (although some Doc Marten boots have a chunky heel of sorts) you dont really have to worry about slipping on an ice patch and breaking your ankle!

They must take quite a while to lace up though :blink: and I would think they dont have those eyelet/hook things that most lace up boots do either.

Even so, I'm sure they look good :wink:

Doc Martens (Made in China vs. Made in England)

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I'm not the only one who still wears Docs. ^_^ Anyhow, after a knee injury and a sprained ankle, I have found that both pairs of my beloved Docs don't fit my left foot anymore. The right foot is fine, though...
Anyhow, I bought a new pair just recently, haven't worn them out yet, but learned that now all Doc Martens are made in China! I have nothing really against this since many sneakers, clothes are made in China now. My question is... for those of you who have Docs made in China.. how have they been holding up? I have had my other 2 pairs for 5 years and can't wear them anymore, and can't find any made in England whatsoever. Anyhow, I'd love to hear any input on this...
I can't wear any other kinds of boots because I can't wear heels anymore, have wide feet and bunions. I recently purchased the cherry red 1460's, the original model that came out.
Thanks so much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->