Document Journal #7 F/W 2015.16 by Olivier Rizzo

Reaction score
Three of the 12 covers of Document fall-winter 2015 issue

? by Jamie Hawkesworth

Finnlay Davis by Willy Vanderperre

Lexi Boling by Craig McDean

Code:
[B]Olivier Rizzo Guest Edits Document Magazine[/B]

[SIZE="1"]SPECIAL DOCUMENT: Document magazine has a Belgian vibe for fall. The New York-based title tapped stylist Olivier Rizzo to guest-edit its fall issue.

“Olivier has always been one of my favorite stylists. He mixes avant-garde with pop culture; underground with mainstream,” said James Valeri, who cofounded Document with Nick Vogelson. “His work is contaminated by lots of culture, including his Belgian influences. And that translates in the issue.”

“This special issue is a celebration of the people around me whom I was lucky enough to meet through my life and work, and inspire me to do what I do to this day,” said Rizzo.

For the issue, the stylist tapped long-time collaborator and partner, the photographer Willy Vanderperre (whom he met at Antwerp’s Royal Academy of Fine Arts) as well as fellow Antwerp Academy alumni Raf Simons and Kris Van Assche. There is an interview with Simons and a conversation between Van Assche and actor Boyd Holbrook.

The 408-page issue also has an interview with Miuccia Prada, whom Rizzo has been collaborating with for over a decade. For Document, he styled old fabrics from Prada’s archives, a story he describes as “an homage to the alchemy of fabric creation at Prada.” He also styled custom-made shoes by Prada’s design director Fabio Zambernardi, with Vanderperre photographing both stories.

Delphine Arnault is interviewed about the LVMH Young Fashion Designer Prize and more.

The issue has 12 covers shot by photographers including Vanderperre, Alasdair McLellan, Craig McDean, Jamie Hawkesworth and Wolfgang Tillmans. Advertisers include Prada, Dior and Gucci.

The issue, set to launch Oct. 3, will be available exclusively at The Broken Arm in Paris, Dover Street Market in London and New York, 10 Corso Como in Milan and Bookmarc in Los Angeles, before hitting all stores on Oct. 8.

Document will celebrate the new issue during Paris Fashion Week with a seated dinner on Oct. 3 at Lapérouse restaurant and a cocktail event at The Broken Arm on Oct. 4 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sound producer Frédéric Sanchez will make the playlist for the event.

The magazine’s circulation is around 40,000 copies. The issue will be priced at $20.[/SIZE]
wwd

Curated by Olivier Rizzo? Hell yeah :heart:

Already looks spectacular, can't wait for the content.

Willy Vanderperre photographs Julia Nobis in customized Prada (with archive pvc fabric) by Olivier make up by Peter Phillips hair by Anthony Turner (out October 3rd)

Willy Vanderperre photographs Niels Trispel wearing Miu Miu customized boots by Fabio Zambernardi

Willy Vanderperre photographs Julia Nobis in Dior Couture by Raf Simons styled by Olivier make up by Peter Phillips hair by Anthony Turner

Harley Weir photographs Fisher Smith wearing Bel Ami fragrance by Hermes Hair by Guido Palau

Alasdair McLellan photographs Adrienne Juliger and Hippolyte wearing Prada hair by Anthony Turner make up by Lynsey Alexander

Willy Vanderperre photographs Niels Trispel wearing Dior Homme hair by Anthony Turner make up by Peter Phillips

Wolfgang Tillmans photographs Vaginal Davis in Miu Miu hair and make up by Servullo

Willy Vanderperre photographs Niels Trispel wearing Raf Simons hair by Anthony Turner make up by Peter Phillips

Willy Vanderperre photographs Finnlay Davis wearing Prada and archive Stephen Sprouse hair by Anthony Turner make up by Peter Phillips

Willy Vanderperre photographs Natalie Westling wearing archive Powell- Peralta

Jamie Hawkesworth photographs Eliina wearing Gucci hair by Anthony Turner make up by Peter Phillips

Craig McDean photographs Lexi Boling wearing Chanel hair by Jimmy Paul make up by Hannah Murray

intrepidlondon

This issue might be the first one I will get for this title. I can imagine tons of Prada/Miu Miu/Dior/Raf Simons pieces inside the mag. Can't wait to see the Prada archive feature!

Who shot Rianne's editorial? Looks promising.

this is one of, if not the, first time I want to get more than one of the multiple covers magazine put out. love Niels Tripsel in the Miu Miu by Fabio, and his headshot is great. Julia by Raf is good, and I'm liking Westlings shot in the archive Powell-Peralta.
the content looks great too, looking forward to Miuccia's interview.

Willy Vanderperre photographs Julia Nobis in customized Prada (with archive pvc fabric) by Olivier make up by Peter Phillips hair by Anthony Turner (out October 3rd)
intrepidlondon

LOVE the first two covers. Thanks so much for sharing, DeathOnTheStairs!

Document Journal #7 Images

Can someone post in here please the images of the editorial named "g. Fashion Part 2" photographed by Willy Vanderperre and also Miuccia Prada's Interview?

I love Julia's cover !

Edit : and her whole editorial :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Willy Vanderperre - Photographer
Olivier Rizzo - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Anthony Turner - Hair Stylist
Peter Philips - Makeup Artist
Model: Alice Metza, Julia Nobis, Lexi Boling, Louis Bauvir, Marjan Jonkman, Mica Arganaraz

models.com

d. Dior couture
Willy Vanderperre - Photographer
Olivier Rizzo - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Anthony Turner - Hair Stylist
Peter Philips - Makeup Artist
Model - Greta Varlese, Julia Nobis, Mica Arganaraz, Niels Trispel, Rianne van Rompaey

models.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->