Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2021 Milan

I don’t particularly dislike this brand since it is part of their identity and client base. Maybe their Sicily women think that it’s fashionable to wear those garish prints/patchworks this season. LOL

They must have put all of their effort into their last men's collection.

Tbh, I want to know how they have managed to produce so many collections in that short time frame!
They presented Alta Moda and Alta Sartoria in July, then presented regular menswear...Then they presented Alta Moda and Alta Sartoria in early September!
Now, this! I wonder if they closed their factories/studio during the pandemic...

We are talking about 70+ looks everytime. Even LVMH brands did not presented that many clothes.

There are some cute pieces in the collection but it’s a mess, a mess with beautiful fabrics. Seriously, if I was an editor, it would have been painful for me to go to their shows! Their shows aren’t even fun!

Tbh, I want to know how they have managed to produce so many collections in that short time frame!
They presented Alta Moda and Alta Sartoria in July, then presented regular menswear...Then they presented Alta Moda and Alta Sartoria in early September!
Now, this! I wonder if they closed their factories/studio during the pandemic...

We are talking about 70+ looks everytime. Even LVMH brands did not presented that many clothes.

Several years ago they were involved in (one of many) scandal: the use of chinese sweatshops in Italy...

Several years ago they were involved in (one of many) scandal: the use of chinese sweatshops in Italy...
But was it related to the production of their clothes or just accessories...
Because a lot of subcontractors in Italy uses Chinese sweatshops for the production of accessories. For example Chanel do produce a lot of seasonal bags in Italy and it was revealed in a French investigation years that one of their subcontractors had a Chinese sweatshop.

Because people don’t realize it but Dolce & Gabbana is high fashion produced at the scale of high street....Because on top of all their runway collections, they have boutiques collections.

I really hope for them that this collection will not be hugely produce because it might end-up in the outlets very quickly!

But was it related to the production of their clothes or just accessories...
Because a lot of subcontractors in Italy uses Chinese sweatshops for the production of accessories. For example Chanel do produce a lot of seasonal bags in Italy and it was revealed in a French investigation years that one of their subcontractors had a Chinese sweatshop.

Because people don’t realize it but Dolce & Gabbana is high fashion produced at the scale of high street....Because on top of all their runway collections, they have boutiques collections.

I really hope for them that this collection will not be hugely produce because it might end-up in the outlets very quickly!

Not sure if it was only accessories or/and clothes...but one thing is clear for me: these two must be members of the Sicilian mafia!

You'd think a pandemic would slow them down, but no. A hundred looks. Each one uglier than the next. Why?
And the last season was so nice...
My thoughts.
So ugly. I saw the show on YouTube, i got headache.
And there was no social distance , seems like guests were sitting very closely.

On video the collection looks much better due to the sheen and movement of the fabric. Many of the looks will look nice worn as separates especially with something simple like a white tee or vest. The patch work set was overwhelming though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->