Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2022 Milan

Finally they got rid of Sicilian collections... Not a good collection, but I like some separate pieces and the 2000s vibe. D&G x JLO? It's better to bring a campaign with her by Meisel, it would be PERFECT!

Part of this is like they did a worst-of of their career. The rest is the early 2000s at their absolute worst. Hideous.

Honestly, credit where credit is due, their last collections were positively psychotic and the entire time I was thinking, if Dolce & Gabbana symbolized the late 90s and early 00s, why aren't they doing it? why are they still hanging on to the Supreme/Virgil aesthetic that belongs in 2016? so.. obnoxious duo but.. it's a positive move for them, it still needs a lot of editing (like.. what is this?) but the brand is at least looking less depressing.

Just when you think that their last collection is the worst collection ever, next season they said "we can do worse". It's like they set a goal to outdo themselves each season.

These two are officially the equivalent of a diva that passed her prime days and does all kind of stunts just so she can make headlines and hope that people still talking about her, while keep tarnishing her own legacy.

There are things that should have been left in the 2000s.

@vogue28 Thank you for posting the collection. So many looks lol.

I was watching this show live and I enjoyed it although there came a point where I was editing the show as it continued because some of this could have been left on the cutting room floor or saved for the showroom. I'm someone who prefers a tight, focused proposition. I remember when Karl was the only one showing 100+ looks but seems to be the norm these days.

I mean it did seem like more of a retrospective but it's fabulous. It's a confident collection.

very reminiscent of D&G’s 2000s collections. dolce and gabbana have always been heavily referential and derivative so at this point i don’t even hope for something original, just cute clothes which i think most of these were

Honestly, credit where credit is due, their last collections were positively psychotic and the entire time I was thinking, if Dolce & Gabbana symbolized the late 90s and early 00s, why aren't they doing it? why are they still hanging on to the Supreme/Virgil aesthetic that belongs in 2016? so.. obnoxious duo but.. it's a positive move for them, it still needs a lot of editing (like.. what is this?) but the brand is at least looking less depressing.

Agreed. For me, this was Dolce as I remembered it in the early 00s but "modernized" and it made me continue almost to the end to see all the pics.

way too long! but i liked the presentation, this would've worked better with a better casting though

I'm just glad it's not another Sicilian collection.

it's sad because the music is more D&G early 2000s than most of the clothing. it's even more sad because the glimmers of spring 2005 and earlier are there but the casting kills it. like actually kills it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->