Dolce&Gabbana S/S Uomo 06 thread

masterp

Reaction score
what does everyone think of the latest mens collection, which can be seen here. http://men.style.com/fashion/collections/S2006MEN/review/DGABBANAMEN

I personally think that they have taken the shabby chic look to far, but the boutique catalogue shows that the collection is still fairly conservative, a mixture of jeans, open shirts and suit jackets. on the catwalk the accessories and beach bum look, trachsuits, hats, shots, are far more prominant. from what ive heard in the shops they are really just going to concentrate on the denims and shirts.

i was wondering what everyone thought.

I like it. Some of the stuff is a bit weird looking in my opinion but it's a nice collection.

I think this collection is a bit Dior Homme influenced in some of the tailoring, which looks awkward in Dolce's cuts. Not a fan of the over the top denims or sweatpants gym looks...one thing I did like, however, was the distressed washed t-shirts with the vintage Pepsi ads, I thought those were kinda cool.

Say what you will about Dolce & Gabbana, but they know how to tailor like no ones business.

Some beautiful suit pieces, providig a structured, sharp silouette with clean lines, very masculine IMO:D

For the most part I am thinking awful...x2

...It is so unoriginal. I can relate with fade to black on the Dior Homme influence. Those suits are straight from luster...except they are not 1/10 as spectacular. The jeans with the studs...I won't even go there. The boxing bottoms...NO. Some of the cardigans, jackets, and tuxedos I like...but other than that it is just dreadful. I think the items worn seperately may not be as bad, but that goes for most runway collections. Just my opinion. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->