Dolce & Gabbana's Couture Project

i know that lately D&G collections, campaigns, etc. have been so boring and repetitive for most of the people but i also don't understand all this bashing without even seeing the whole collection properly :huh:
i definitely see lace and a similar styling but it's supposed to be couture, there's no way to actually look at the craftsmanship from random phone shots..

couture doesn't mean no actual design though...which is what we're criticizing. There's no doubt the craftsmanship is there, it's the design that's missing.

^ either design or craftsmanship can't be well seen in those crappy quality pics imo and also we don't even know the full collection yet, that's why think some comments in this thread are kinda biased..

Can someone tell them, that we understand they LOVE Sicily ??? :blink:

^ either design or craftsmanship can't be well seen in those crappy quality pics imo and also we don't even know the full collection yet, that's why think some comments in this thread are kinda biased..

Craftsmanship you can't see, but design is pretty clear to me - which screams Sicily, lace, and very S/S 2011.

You know who I pity the most ??The poor little-hands from their Atelier who had to sew these heidous puffy intoxicating dresses. They look like crazy gipsy wedding dresses.

Seriously WTF ?? One thing is sure if they manage to sell one of these filthy puffy dresses a lot of children we'll be able to give a whole new meaning to Hide and Seek by hiding under the skirts. I'm sure someone could hide under them and be find only a week after without problem.

We have seen the collection though. In HQ and everything. Back when they showed it during SS10, FW10, SS11, FW11, SS12 and FW12. :flower:

Haute Couture for Dolce is remaking their old dresses by hand instead of a machine?
I feel like more than half of these dresses will be on the Outfit Look-A-Like thread.

so far i can see, cause there are no more pics so far it looks
soooooo- oldfashioned- unstylish -cheesy- antiquated :shock:

It looks like Anna's giving the famous 'pursed lips' from The Devil Wears Prada. Me too.

I think this gif sums up what most of TFS users think about this collection :lol:
a4o2t2.gif

bitchyf

^I second that, Dolce & Gabbana need to get out of Sicily! Don't know if they know there are more places in the world to take inspiration. Please go back of what you did in 2006-07!!! :judge:

for me it all looks like : Scarlett-O-Hara is gone with the wind to visit the the Sicilian relatives for her summer holiday

one pic from the DG-inspiration board :
scarlet+picnic+dress.jpg

scarlettonline

^Please do not make this comparison, Scarlet was chic, Dolce & Gabbana HC is cheap and tacky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murmuration
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->