Donna Karan F/W 07.08 : Catherine McNeil by Mario Testino

*Bianca*

Reaction score
06010727vd3.jpg

wwd

NEW TALENT: For her fall Collection campaign, Donna Karan has gone after the next big thing. Catherine McNeil, touted as one of a new crop of up-and-coming models, is featured in the ads, which, in typical Donna manner, are meant to evoke a celebration of the power of a woman. After several years, Karan has reunited with photographer Mario Testino, who discovered the Australian model. The campaign was shot at the Baryshnikov Arts Center within the 37 Arts building at 450 West 37th Street and features McNeil among a gaggle of men in black suits, black shirts and black ties, with cool black sunglasses. The campaign will break in August issues of Vogue, Vanity Fair and W, and run through October in major fashion and lifestyle books, including Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Town & Country and Interview. — Marc Karimzadeh

Last edited by a moderator:
this looks....pretty awful :blink: from what I can see here, Catherine looks pretty awful as well

I LOVE IT :heart::heart::heart:! Catherine looks awesome and beautiful and her and Donna Karan are a GREAT fit! ^_^B:(heart:

I actually think Catherine looks better than usual..

Such a stale concept, though. Boring.

Well, it's not a patch on Hilary's ad's for Donna Karen.

I like the mood of the ad, but Catherine looks off, she seems so over-photoshopped in a way, I hope it has to do with the size of the picture.

The ad itself it terrible, but I actually think Catherine looks good.

I liked , love catherine, is good a change in Donna Karan, liked the change:heart::flower:

They dropped Hilary Rhoda for Catherine McNeil..
the ad looks terrible.

I looked at the guys first. Tried to ID them too but with no success :lol:

This Catherine/Testino thing is getting on my nerves, though!..

^^ Me too... She's blah & I can't believe she's exclusive with Testino! It's outrageous!

It's ok. Not at all exciting, but I don't expect that from DK. I like how the dress is highlighted against the grey, and Catherine does look good. Reminds me of Nataliya Gotsiy here, for some reason.

I think Catherine looks good but there is nothing attention grabbing or eye catching about the ad as a whole.

This Catherine/Testino thing is getting on my nerves, though!..
Me too.
Catherine looks abit like Erin/Bianca B in the adverts, not like herself at all. It's a shame because Donna Karan F/W was such a strong collection, and the adverts don't reflect that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->