Donna Karan F/W 10.11 : Karlie Kloss & Anna Maria Jagodzinska by Patrick Demarchelier

^ there were rumours but i don't know if this were confirmed. she should be, but...
she did Donna Karan Pre-Fall 2010 Modern Icons Catalog we saw tday, now i'm not sure about the campaign.

In general, I like Karlie, but Karan is a label for a woman. I like the styling, but in terms of advertising values, she's too young to really embody what sells Karan to me.

I recall Karan campaigns showing storylines such as Rosemary McGrotha playing the part of a female US President. Karlie's a great model, but she's still in the phase of looking like a teenager who's just had a growth spurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Exactly. I totally agree. Karlie is too young. I'm sure Anna's shots will turn out perfect.

very classy and vintage look to it, she nailed it! You can see her youth yet at the same time she makes it work with her expert posing!

I like the mood and styling. Totally compliments the collection but, yes, Karlie is looking like a teenage girl who wanna dress up like her mother. And it doesn't really convey the message of strong and powerful women like the clothes do.

I actually think it's pretty successful. Though, the fact that she looks like a teenager wearing her mother's clothes is an understatement, at least by now...

the clothes serves her, nothing more. she doesn't bring something to the add i guess...

Gorgeous campaign indeed. Even if Karlie looks like she's playing with mothers clothes, she looks good.
It's the first shot that is the most awkward. The huge white collar does nothing for her. But still I really like this.

Karlie looks much to young to represent the sophisticated Donna Karen woman
i cant help but to imagine her shots w/o her face....the poses and look is gorgeous and work..but her face just brings it down for me

whats wrong with her left eye in the first picture?! the "dead stare" is way toooooo pretentious.

SILVER ANNIVERSARY: New York City has informed Donna Karan practically since the day she was born as a designer, so when it came to the fall Collection ad campaign that marks her 25th anniversary in business, it’s little surprise Gotham plays a central character. Shot by Patrick Demarchelier on location on the 32nd floor of the Met Life Building, the ad features models Karlie Kloss and Anna J photographed at night against the cinematic city skyline. Karan, in typical Karan-ness, said she was going for “the power of the woman — the strength, power and modernity of the woman of New York.”

“Her seductiveness mirrors the strength, power and seduction of New York and all of its sensual rhythms,” she added.

The campaign will launch in U.S. and global fashion and lifestyle publications in September and will run through November. Donna Karan International also is placing digital and outdoor advertisements, and the company is creating a glossy 12-page image piece to be mailed out to Karan’s top clients that will feature the campaign’s photos and fall runway shots.
wwd.com

She looks good but seem too young to pull of such a mature fashion house like Donna Karen; DKNY would be a better choice.

Amazing campaign! And I think Karlie is the perfect model choice for it. Can't wait to see Anna's shots aswell.

The shots are beautiful, and the clothes look good... but just not on Karlie. She looks too young to be able to pull them off, DKNY style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->