Don't waste your money on...

same here i dont bother buying makeup at the drugstore anymore unless its mascara. everything else i think you kind of need to test drive before you buy. for me nothing ever looks the same in the store or in the bottles. all of my drugstore makeup never get used and usually get tossed out periodically.

come to think of it, its been a while since i have purchased new makeup..

clearasil, not that i personally use the product but quite a few of my friends have had strong reactions to it (rashes, slight burns, swollen patches) on their faces

-NARS Loose Powder
If you are a traveler, you will hate this. The product itself is decent, but the packaging is terrible. There is no proper screwed on lid, it is just a case that you pull off and press on. The powder goes all over the place, and often out of the packaging. When you open the case, a bunch of powder lies out all over the place... It is so wasteful.

-NARS Stick Concealers
Really, really, really unhygienic design. You'll have to end up purchasing a concealer brush, which all ends up being more expensive than Chanel or Giorgio Armani. This product is also quite drying, and not suitable at all for covering dark under-eye patches. It looks a bit unnatural. I'd recommend investing in a liquid concealer for a much more natural and flawless finish.

-Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Mascara
It smudges easily, dries slowly and just doesn't stand out.

-MAC Carbon Eyeshadow
The old formula was amazing, but the new one is terrible... (I'm still using the old one, I've hit pan already though...) Most of my friends went to purchase this eyeshadow after trying out mine. It was super strange, because theirs weren't pigmented at all, and you actually had to apply them wet to get anything. That never happened with mine. They ending up never really using the eyeshadow again.

-Giorgio Armani Manta Ray Duo Eyeshadow (#1)
This eyeshadow is overpriced and pointless. The black isn't very pigmented, and the grey-looking color looks horrible on the eyes. Like somebody just punched your eyes out. I thought I could use it as a brow powder, but turns out it was a bit red. *sigh* Darn you Giorgio Armani and your packaging...

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara. Craptastic.

I've only just found this thread and it's so useful!

Benefit Thrrob powder. It's more a face powder than a blush, but it's supposed to give you a rosy look on top of your foundation. Maybe it's my imagination but it doesn't seem to make ANY difference at all.
I think I spent the money because of the pretty packaging, damn Benefit gets me everytime!

> anything by maybelline.
I can highly recommend several Maybelline mascaras. Define-a-Lash WP, Sky High Curves WP and Lash Expansion WP. Phenomenal for the price, and I usually use Helena Rubinstein mascaras (the best on the market IMO)...so I have to disagree.

^^ i liked the benefit throb powder.

i agree with belowen on too faced. i think too faced overall is worthless brand. i see a lot of their items at discount stores here in the states (dollar stores etc)

i would agree about the maybelline mascaras--I've never been happy with the ones of theirs that i tried

I actually love Full 'N Soft... have always had good luck with that.

Estee Lauder, any of there mascaras they are so clumpy! But love there foundation.

^^i don't like estee lauder eyeliner pencils... too soft/smudgy and they always run...

also don't waste money on burt's bees chemical free sunscreen with hempseed oil... it claims to be non-whitening but it goes on thick and gives you what i call "ghost-face" :rolleyes:
also the thickness makes it tough to spread so i can't use it without layering another moisturizer on top to smooth it out and decrease the whiteness... bronzer is also a must because of the whiteness/thickness..
better to just skip it imo...
lucky magazine keeps recommending it, and that's why i originally bought it a while back.. but i'm not a fan..
and it smells funny

Last edited by a moderator:
tons of expensive lotions if you are going to expose your skin to a lot of sun damaging... :o A friend of my mum does and it's like throwing her money away although she insist if not her skin would be a lot worse but shes a sun-aholic and she admits it!:o:shock:

I love MAC make up in general however I've had a nightmare with their foundation - my cousin has too we've both found that as the day goes on it literally falls off your face and your left with a patchy face. I even bought MAC prep and prime in an attempt to remedy it but it didn't really work.
I now use Estee Lauder day wear which does stay on all day without crusting to your face

Never waste money on.. St Ives Apricot Scrub. Didn't do me any good. Made my skin even worse if you ask me.

I love MAC make up in general however I've had a nightmare with their foundation - my cousin has too we've both found that as the day goes on it literally falls off your face and your left with a patchy face. I even bought MAC prep and prime in an attempt to remedy it but it didn't really work.
I now use Estee Lauder day wear which does stay on all day without crusting to your face

Mac foundation IS a waste of money- I agree

This eyeliner brush by Bare Escentuals - one of the worst cr*p I have ever bought.

05194493709.jpg

(strawberrynet.com)

sephora brushes I've got some for xmas and they're awful (the eyeliner ones is he worst)

Diorshow mascara. Or in my case, most types of mascara- my eyelashes are really thick (but not long) so if I wear mascara it looks like someone threw black paint at my eyes. Also, it is stupidly expensive and I don't like the smell.
I don't mind most kinds of Maybelline mascaras though. At least I don't think "that's $$$ of my money I'm wiping off my eyes!" when I take it off.

And I agree with the St Ives Apricot scrub complaint. My skin is dry but I really don't like the overcreamy texture of the scrub- it never feels like my face is properly clean after I use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"