Don't waste your money on...

Ariadne38 said:
I am spring cleaning and just made a disappointing discovery. My YSL Touche Eclat wand seems to have developed mold in the brush. :shock: :sick: The brush is turning black. I am really fastidious about my makeup and I have never seen anything like this before with any other product I have used.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am appalled. I guess I didn't use it up fast enough?

Ewww. How long have you had it for?:shock:

I have heard that Touche Eclat does rapidly develops mold and that it stinks! :sick:

Products that are water based should be used within a 6 month period, but anyway, the brush thing attached to Touche Eclat must become so dirty after a few uses, that i don´t find it strange that it would become bad just after 2 months! :shock:

i use touche eclait everyday (on my 4th tube) it lasts me about 4 months, no smell, no mold, no problems. But I use it everyday without fail (undereye circles, life of a college student) maybe if you dont use it often enough it gets like that? Do you live in a warm environment or leave it in the sun/warm spot? That could encourage mold growth as well. I keep all my makeup in a large metal makeup trunk that keeps everything cool and dark and dry.

Thanks :flower: to everyone for the thoughts on Touche Eclat. I think you all have valid points. This is the first Touche Eclat I have ever bought and it is just about six months old. I don't think it was climate, storage or environment but more that I didn't use it quickly enough. I did use it on a clean face as opposed to touchups throughout the day. I had no idea it was so susceptible to mold--thanks for verifying, sofialuv.

This is really my first makeup horror story!:woot: I don't think I will be investing in another one.

Just want to add to the Pantene discussion. I found that Pantene does weigh down your hair and really does nothing to enhance it at all.

Yep, Pantene has a lot of silicones, which basically cover the hair with a kind of plastic that makes people have the feeling that they´ve gor nice hair.

In the long term, those silicones accumulate on the hair, making it weight down.

An hairdresser also told me that silicones together with the heath from dryers burn out and therefore burn the hair too, don´t know if it´s true, but def. scary!

i hate all neutrogena products except the "facial peel"..thats the only one that works!

pantene is awful. it made my head itch like crazy because of all the rubbish they put in it..

That happened to my aunts touche eclat and she took it back to the shop she bought it from and they gave her a refund!! How good is that? She lives in France by the way so maybe they are more lenient than in the UK

cardboardboxed said:
What I do is add a couple drops on cinnamon oil to regular lipglosses..it tingles a bit and can plump upo your lips a bit. Nothing dramatic ofr angelina jolie, but it pretty much has the same effect of plumping glosses, but much, much cheaper. And if it doesn't work, well, a bottle of cinnamon oil is only about $3 anyway.

ooooh, ahhhh.........where can i get cinnimon oil?:woot:

Dancer0128 said:
- Loreal Pure Zone Cleanser ~ this was not gentle enough for my skin, my skin was red after i used it!

I second this. I used it a few years ago and it was just horrid. I may as well have put battery acid on my skin.

Also not a fan of:

Nivea shimmering body lotion
Maybelline and L'Oreal mascaras
L'Oreal Sublime Bronze anything
Rimmel anything (except their lipsticks)
Neutrogena anything (just don't suit my skin)
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, was too thick and greasy I thought

Probably a heap of other stuff I can't think of right now too... :ninja:

The Revlon Skinlights won't stay on for crap and the shimmers are so obvious. You need a more finely milled shimmer otherwise it's totally ridiculous looking.

sofialuv said:
I have heard that Touche Eclat does rapidly develops mold and that it stinks! :sick:

Products that are water based should be used within a 6 month period, but anyway, the brush thing attached to Touche Eclat must become so dirty after a few uses, that i don´t find it strange that it would become bad just after 2 months! :shock:
I checked out the Touche Eclat at Nordstrom on Saturday, even though i really like the concept, I dont know how I feel about a brush that isn't detachable (therefore uncleanable) especially since it would be constantly moist, it seems like bacteria-central to me.

I posted this earlier--my Touche Eclat developed mold. Black stuff growing on the brush. :woot: :sick: This is the first beauty product that I have ever had that went moldy. I think this is unforgiveable in a high end product like this.

I didn't pursue a refund since I bought it on QVC even though it wasn't that old.

has anyone tried the pantene restoratives line for breakage?

my hair does seem to be in better shape. less hair down the drain as well.

Maybelline mascara
Anything from Revlon or Cover Girl

department store stuff:

lancome lip gloss-does not stay on well
dior kiss-not very good either

joie said:
Also not a fan of:

Nivea shimmering body lotion
L'Oreal Sublime Bronze anything

I agree on these as well as Pantene being horrible.

I think the brand Fresh is overrated--the perfumes don't last and the lipstick is drying.

i agree with the white strips.

-givenchy mister light corrective pen, didnt do much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->