Don't waste your money on...

oh! And here is a given, anything from Newyorkcolor. Cheap, cheap, cheap crap. Not even crap, dookie crap. Elephant dookie crap. Nasty brand and nasty stuff. Then again, you get what you pay for. Spend two dollars on foundation and what should you expect?

I wasted money on some La Mer products, Dior Show mascara and Davine's hair care products.

don't buy Benefit Oh La La lift eye depuffer. It does nothing for me. It's really just a overpriced container of pink goo that does nothing. Worse, it dried ou
Benefit_Ooh_la_lift__5319157.jpg
t my undereyes so I looked older.

-maybelline great lash, didn't work for my thin eyelashes
-maybelline xxl volume mascara (flakey)
-maybelline cover stick .. gave me lines under my eyes
-covergirl lash exact mascara..sure it applied well on every lash.. then it came off in LUMPS all over my eyes
-maybelline lash stylist (amazing on the lashes but so damn hard to get off, it takes days for the residue to come off, even with the use of makeup remover, baby oil.. etc)
-dream matte mousse, dries out skin even with the best moisturizer
-almay nearly naked!! yuck... it smelled awful after 2 days and i broke out
-any drugstore foundation tbh.. in my experience anyway
-MAC studio fix concealer, ask to try select-cover instead!
-and sadly... ysl touche elcat.. i tried "giving it time" to show its benefits but the body shop has a product called "lightening touch" and it's the exact same thing.

i'm constantly buying new things to try and find that "holy grail" product, so ive prob wasted a lot of money on disappointing things. hopefully this helps someone else: try before you buy!

^ wow you didnt like touche eclat?
wait i dont get whats wrong with it?

SiennaInLondon said:
Well said! The two WORST brands in most beauty halls.

The cliniquee cleanser isnt al lthat bad.. but seriosuly the dramatically different clinique moisturiser could not be worse.. my skin looks like a dull piece of :yuk: :sick: But on my mum her skin looked gorgeous though. :angry:

alix* said:
^ wow you didnt like touche eclat?
wait i dont get whats wrong with it?

it didnt show up under the eyes (even with loads of eye cream), and it would crease around the nose/mouth areas. tbs sells the exact same thing for around $10CAD which is a teeny bit less pigmented but goes on more smoothy and i'd rather spend ten bucks then $55. i'm sad to say this though because i really wanted it to work!

The last horrible thing I tried was Max Factor eyeshadow. I'm not into hyper pigments, but I wanted something to show up.

Ewwwww origins spot remover.. did not work made my skin TERRBILE..and I cant think of one benfity of it =(
Because of this product my skin was worse than before =(((

Also I loved Gamophoben soap at first but now its made me break out like I never did!!

Also dont waste your money on expensive lipgloss.. their all the same..

anything you put on your face from a drugstore is pretty much crappy.. except for those wonders like carmex and cheap black kohl eyeliners

^no, not everyhting. You just have to REALLY hunt for the good stuff and it is there. Most is crap, however, and you do have to sort through it.

> diorshow mascara.
> any cliniqueskinproducts. i kinda like their make up but their sopas, tonics and creams really sucks!
> anything by maybelline.

Also dont waste your money on expensive lipgloss.. their all the same..

I use to think that, but just today, I discovered that drugstore lip products almost all have lots of frosts in them; but more expensive ones don't. I just feel like tossing lipglosses....:doh:

I use to think that, but just today, I discovered that drugstore lip products almost all have lots of frosts in them; but more expensive ones don't. I just feel like tossing lipglosses....:doh:

milani's glosses aren't that frosty at all. then again, they are one of the few drugstore brands that I don't think are gross.:doh:

I completely agree on the Maybelline....complete crap.
Covergirl is pretty bad too.

Black radiance has some REALLY nice lip glosses...

Isn't Diorshow supposed to be the Holy Grail of mascaras? :doh:

i actually love diorshow mascara..
i tried another brand (benefit--which was also good) but went right back to diorshow once the tube was done..

clinique's skincare line is supposed to be good too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->