Don't waste your money on...

I read an article ages ago about some products that control frizz. If the product contains dimethicone, it is bad for your hair in the long run as it works by sealing out moisture which is how it gives your hair that silky sheen. This makes it really difficult to wash out with shampoo and leaves your hair drier and consequently more frizzy after a while. I use serums but only for those occasions where you want to look extra nice!

Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 16 2004, 09:27 AM
I use the Glue from Got2be, and it works perfectly on me :blink: But only the glue :wink:
[snapback]189246[/snapback]​

Alejandro I think we use the same product. Now that my hair is short and I like to flip it outwards I use this at my ends for a pointy look. I also use the tube to tame my eyebrows. Before I find time to trim the eyebrows, I'll put some of that glue tube on them and brush them into place and they stay! I find its a great product.

As for products to avoid:
St. Ives Apricot Scrub.... OUCH!

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Aug 11 2004, 10:14 PM
the new marc jacobs fragrance blush.
[snapback]329154[/snapback]​

I haven't had the chance to try it :cry:

That Nivea shimmer lotion, it's so glittery and sl*tty looking, it gives you red bumps on your chest and legs :lol:

Originally posted by Jaim45@Aug 12 2004, 08:04 AM
Dove (mousse conditioner)
Yeah, this was too light for my hair, even though I love Dove products.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Aug 12 2004, 12:27 PM
I haven't had the chance to try it :cry:

[snapback]329819[/snapback]​

ale- MJ blush its a nice fragrance..it reminds me of fracas. but for some reason it doesnt last very long -_-

lip venom- though i did like the burning sensation the gloss only lasted about 5-7 min. it was sort of fun just because of the burning and even though its supposed to give your lips a "bee-stung look" it didnt make them that larger

sonia kashuk lip balm spf 15- this didnt do anything to my lips except make them really sticky

bonne bell lip balm- its nice if your just looking for a hint of color but if you want your lips not to be chapped its crap. if anything it made my lips more chapped :innocent:

Revlon Lash Fantasy- Made my lashes fall off and it clumped all thogether. It's also made my lashes reallly tink and no matter what i did it would not come off.

Loreal toch on color- It came on streaky and did not last at all. Even though it felt really smooth and made my skin smooth it didnt last but 10 min.

ohh I LOVE "Lip Venom"... I use it underneath all my lipglosses when I go out clubbing. It may not ACTUALLY do anything, but it makes me feel like I have GOldie Hawn lips... so aware of them, like platypus lips.

makes me feel all sexumakal.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation - It's not matte at all; in fact, it's really greasy and it wouldn't look matte even if you 'set' your makeup with a blast of cold air and a bucket of dry ice.

ALL maybeline eye shadows are short lived, and don't show up on eyes, esp..the singles.....and entire Cool Effectsline..After you sharpen the fat pencil, can't use the darn thing anymore.\

The only thing good are the eyeliners, and brow liners.

I hate anything by Wet n Wild that I have tried so far. It's cheap and doesn't last long at all.

I have to say that I love St Ives Apricit Scrub Gentle. It works really well and makes my skin smooth. I also love love love Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. <3 Best lip gloss/chap stick ever. Burts Bees comes in at 2nd best.

I actually got a lot of compliments after using Brilliant Brunette for a week :unsure:

-Cover Girl Outlast (the one with the two lip glosses) Just looks sticky and gross

-Veet Mouse

-Maybelline eyeshadow.....too much glitter

-Brilliant Brunnette (I guess it looks good on just some people, but not for me)

wet n' wild eyeliners are terrible
i bought lancomes eyeliner, but it smudged really really bad.

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Aug 13 2004, 03:22 PM
ale- MJ blush its a nice fragrance..it reminds me of fracas. but for some reason it doesnt last very long -_-
[snapback]331080[/snapback]​

that new fragrance was such a disappointment
i am sticking to my original mj perfume

Originally posted by xJessie@Aug 22 2004, 07:39 PM
I hate anything by Wet n Wild that I have tried so far. It's cheap and doesn't last long at all.

I agree, I'd advise everyone to steer away from their products

Originally posted by alwaysandnever@Aug 19 2004, 05:30 PM
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation - It's not matte at all; in fact, it's really greasy and it wouldn't look matte even if you 'set' your makeup with a blast of cold air and a bucket of dry ice.
[snapback]338822[/snapback]​

Maybe your face is a little oily? My sister and I bought this product and we both used it. I have drier skin then she does and it looked greasy on her and it looked wonderfully matte on me.

I really love this product and I find you have to use very very very little amounts of this. Just stick your finger in the jar and tap it under your eyes, on your forehead and chin and just smooth it on with a sponge.

A product that I didn't try and still managed to hate:

When I went to buy the Dream Mattee Foundation by Maybelline (which I was waiting and waiting to try) I saw the Sally Hansen flawless face makeup. You basically spray makeup on your face.

I have been seeing the ads for this and just wondered what it looked like and how it felt. I saw the cans and I picked it up. I sprayed a bit on my hand and it came out chunky and disgusting. The can said shake well before application and I shook the can and it still came out icky. I do not understand why anyone would want to spray on their face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->