Dr Romanelli

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Rapper22, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Rapper22

Rapper22 New Member

2. surver

surver Member

this is directly from the man himself:

"I was asked to participate in the RECONSTRUCT PROJECT. Various designers throughout LA were given 24 hours to work with Nike scraps off the cutting floor. My creations for RECONSTRUCT inspired the DR Romanelli / Nike collaboration, creating intricate patchwork jackets from vintage Nike jumpers.

In all of my work, I embrace the concept of personalization. For these jackets, my main sources of inspiration are the actual Nike vintage pieces themselves. It has been exhilarating to reconstruct these timeless, priceless pieces, bringing them back to life."

DR Romanelli co-owns one of the leading alternative marketing agencies in US -"STREETVIRUS". StreetVirus is a personalized media solutions company which creates unique marketing campaigns for corporation's like Disney/Warner Bros/etc...

The label DR ROMANELLI was established in 2001. DR ROMANELLI is built on the concept of ‘Personalization’ – one-of-a-kind pieces of clothing… personalized... just for you…

DR actually stands for Darren.

#2 surver, Apr 26, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Apr 26, 2005
  3. travis_nw8

travis_nw8 mmmmmm...fashion....

i remember the nike leather jackets at browns- never sold though...

4. whizkit

whizkit space-force garçons

some of the jackets are quite ok. feels like getting a Freitag bag.

5. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I like his stuff alot actually, I like the reconstruction aspect. He did some cool jackets with Hayley Starr and Kaviar&Kind that had hand painting and jewlled zipers.

I think we allready have a topic on him though...

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

obviously we had a topic on him... since august 2004 spacemiu :wink:

7. Fade to Black

Fade to Black New Member

I'm a fan of the Romanelli jackets myself, very interesting idea and they're definitely great for making a casual SB-style outfit stand out, i can see the jackets going great with some equally colorful dunks. Much better than other streetwear brands like Supreme which are still charging top dollar for regular streetwear ($300 for a poor quality, hyped up tee with a Kate Moss print? no thanks), at least this looks like there was some thought put into it.

The DR jackets are way too expensive though.

8. freak_de_fashion

freak_de_fashion New Member

awesome

i just got a romanelli jacket for my 21st birthday..its amazing quality..althought its not from the nike reconstruct collection..its dr romanelli's original collection..its black calf skin..with knitted colloar..its sick love it..even though its summer..im still gonna wear it everyday..lol

9. Fly or Die!

Fly or Die! New Member

[​IMG]source = www.allhiphop.com

the nike x dr romanelli jackets are crazy + hard to find. ive always wanted one especially being a sneaker head.