Drew Barrymore rumoured to direct Twilight third movie Eclipse

kokobombon

Reaction score
From ew.com
I also heard it on E! News.
I really hope its not true

'Twilight': Is Drew Barrymore a candidate to direct third movie, 'Eclipse'?

As Summit Entertainment looks to lock in a director for the third installment of the Twilight series, Eclipse, the company is talking to a select group of directors -- including actress-turned-helmer Drew Barrymore, EW has learned. While this news may come as a surprise to some, Barrymore did just finish work on her directorial debut, Whip It! starring Ellen Page. Neither Summit nor Barrymore's reps would comment for this story

Drew isnt doing it, I read that Chris Weitz's brother Paul Weitz is doing it.

which will be awsome.
I love both directors.

She's a talented producer, actor and director, so it should be interesting if its true.

I heard Paul isn't interested... Drew supposedly submitted a proposal but she's not #1 on Summit's list for wanted directors...

Newsweek.com: Barrymore says she'd like to helm 'Twilight' film

From E.T. pal to vampire director? Drew Barrymore says she'd like to direct 'Twilight' movie.

(NEW YORK) She starred as a buddy to that lovable alien E.T., but does Drew Barrymore have what it takes to direct vampires?

The 34-year-old actress ("E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial," the "Charlie's Angels" films) has confirmed that she's being considered for "Eclipse," the third movie in the blockbuster teen vamp saga that launched with "Twilight" last year.

"I'm one of the directors that is being talked about, which is great, because I'm a director now," Barrymore said in a recent interview. "But, you know, they'll make their choice."

"Eclipse" is slated for a summer 2010 release.

Chris Weitz ("The Golden Compass") is directing "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," the second film based on Stephenie Meyer's best-selling series. He took over the franchise from "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke.
"New Moon" will be in theaters in November.

Barrymore directed "Whip It!" starring Ellen Page ("Juno"), due in theaters this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->