Dries and Marni @ Printemps

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
i'm so glad Printemps is adding more designer collections, much more since those are some of my fave ones :blush:

PRINTEMPS IN PARIS: Printemps, the Paris department store, is adding spring to its step with the overhaul of its third-floor designer sportswear department. It has added a slew of in-store shops, including Dries Van Noten, Isabelle Marant and Marni, and overhauled and expanded existing stands from such brands as Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney. Cedric Charbit, who oversees merchandising for women’s at the Boulevard Haussmann giant, said the so-called “young designer” selection has been refined and concentrated on names like Véronique Branquinho, Hussein Chalayan and Marani. “Renovations are slated to continue throughout the store over the next few years,” said Charbit, adding that the aim was to “increase visibility” and to develop a concise and efficient merchandising strategy. — Robert Murphy

you are welcome softgrey :flower:
now i cant wait for my next trip to Paris, since Absinthe closed it was hard to locate Dries collections, i had to make a journey all the way down to the BonMarche plus their choice was not the best, well.. not anymore
plus i'm glad to see all Marni together, at Colette is always few pieces at a time :ninja:

Lena - saw your article on Dries & Marni and it also mentioned Isabelle Marant - what do you think of her stuff? I was in her shop near the bastille in Paris last month and her clothes were just lovely. i don't think you can buy it in th euk however - thats a real pity.

Originally posted by helena@Apr 15th, 2004 - 12:31 pm
Lena - saw your article on Dries & Marni and it also mentioned Isabelle Marant - what do you think of her stuff? I was in her shop near the bastille in Paris last month and her clothes were just lovely. i don't think you can buy it in th euk however - thats a real pity.
hi- i really like isabel marant...here's a tip...

laredoute.com has a limited number of pieces designed by her exclusively for them this season...a couple of cute things and super cheap... :flower: (i've got my eye on one thing in particular) :innocent:

thought you might like to know :flower:

Thanks I did see that but haven't got La Redoute - they also have some other mid-priced good French labels I have noticed. Isabelle marant has done some beautiful shoes - gorgeous subtle colours. I think her stuff is quite influenced by knitwear that Stella mcCartney was doing a couple of seasons ago. Lots of batwing sleeved large slouchy knits with sloppy t-shirts & satin skirts.

I don't you if you are British but don't you think that a shop selling a number of those french labels would be great - Isabelle Marant, Claudie Pierlot, Vanessa Bruno, Zadig et Voltaire & Paul & Joe - all under one roof. They are all high end high street I guess so ought to do well.

Originally posted by helena@Apr 15th, 2004 - 6:31 pm
not too hot on Isabelle Marant myself,
all her collections are huge (in sample volume) which i find a bit fishy on originality terms.
she seems more like a mass producer (of the kind one meets at the streets of Sentier) than a 'createur' to me. It always gives me a headache to browse her entire collection, she may be putting out more than 150 samples per season, more a hit or miss than a 'designer's' strategy.

i'd say she needs a more clear vision :innocent:

I think what you say is completely true about her clothes - she isn't really a designer who 'leads' but someone who interprets other peoples ideas for a different market.

Originally posted by helena@Apr 16th, 2004 - 3:52 am
Thanks I did see that but haven't got La Redoute - they also have some other mid-priced good French labels I have noticed. Isabelle marant has done some beautiful shoes - gorgeous subtle colours. I think her stuff is quite influenced by knitwear that Stella mcCartney was doing a couple of seasons ago. Lots of batwing sleeved large slouchy knits with sloppy t-shirts & satin skirts.

I don't you if you are British but don't you think that a shop selling a number of those french labels would be great - Isabelle Marant, Claudie Pierlot, Vanessa Bruno, Zadig et Voltaire & Paul & Joe - all under one roof. They are all high end high street I guess so ought to do well.
fyi-helena-laredoute is mail order...you can get it anywhere...

i'm actually in NYC and believe it or not...we don't have one store that sells all of thosee labels under one roof either...bergdorf and bloomie's have vanessa bruno, bendel's and barney's have claudie peirlot, etc, etc...that's why i shop everywhere...

do happen to know who carries vanessa bruno in london?.... :flower: thx...

not sure soft, i guess you could contact her in Paris and see from there :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 16th, 2004 - 4:05 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 16th, 2004 - 4:05 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-helena@Apr 16th, 2004 - 3:52 am

i'm actually in NYC and believe it or not...we don't have one store that sells all of thosee labels under one roof either...bergdorf and bloomie's have vanessa bruno, bendel's and barney's have claudie peirlot, etc, etc...that's why i shop everywhere...

do happen to know who carries vanessa bruno in london?.... :flower: thx... [/b][/quote]
Sofgrey, I could've sworn I've read somewhere that Steven Alan is converting his Soho store to be a Vanessa Bruno boutique - check it out!

Originally posted by faust+Apr 16th, 2004 - 4:31 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Apr 16th, 2004 - 4:31 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 16th, 2004 - 4:05 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-helena
@Apr 16th, 2004 - 3:52 am
Thanks I did see that but haven't got La Redoute - they also have some other mid-priced good French labels I have noticed. Isabelle marant has done some beautiful shoes - gorgeous subtle colours.  I think her stuff is quite influenced by knitwear that Stella mcCartney was doing a couple of seasons ago. Lots of batwing sleeved large slouchy knits with sloppy t-shirts & satin skirts.

do happen to know who carries vanessa bruno in london?.... :flower: thx...
Sofgrey, I could've sworn I've read somewhere that Steven Alan is converting his Soho store to be a Vanessa Bruno boutique - check it out! [/b][/quote]
dude...we talked about this...but i'll double check...i think they've changed plans since then....

anyway...still wondering about london... :innocent:

The only palces in London that I know stock Vanessa Bruno are Browns Focus and I think Urban Outfitters (but only limited stock). Net-a-Porter also has Vanessa Bruno. Lots of stockists in Paris however. Best place for her beautiful leather bags is Le Bon Marche. I love that shop - its got a great old bourgeois feel to it....exactly what you want on a tip to paris.

Originally posted by helena@Apr 19th, 2004 - 10:37 am
. Best place for her beautiful leather bags is Le Bon Marche. I love that shop - its got a great old bourgeois feel to it....exactly what you want on a tip to paris.
she has her own boutique in Paris, i think its rue Castilliogne (unsure about the spelling here)

btw, Bruno is very 'rising' in Paris its been a few seasons now

I was in that shop a few weeks ago - really nice stuff but a lot of it was already sold out. She also does a cheaper range called 'Athe' by Vanessa Bruno - its alos very nice. Lots of sweatshirts & jersey tops. i love that slouchy look.

Originally posted by helena@Apr 19th, 2004 - 4:50 am
I was in that shop a few weeks ago - really nice stuff but a lot of it was already sold out. She also does a cheaper range called 'Athe' by Vanessa Bruno - its alos very nice. Lots of sweatshirts & jersey tops. i love that slouchy look.
i love the slouch look vanessa bruno is doing for spring...i looked on the website already and i saw some pictures in this model's book who was in the lookbook...i'm dying to go to the paris store...i read about it last year, but i haven't been to paris in awhile...don't think i'm gonna get there this time either... :( oh well...i'll check brown's focus...thx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->