Dries & Marc go Milan for S/S 07.08 *update* Marc cancels

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Milano is loosing ground at womenswear fashion weeks but gains prestige at menswear shows, since Dries & Marc plan to enter the Italian Uomo schedule

ITALIAN ACCENT: Men's fashion week in Milan just gained another marquee name. Belgian designer Dries Van Noten, who has shown his men's collection in Paris since 1991, plans to show his spring-summer 2007-08 men's range in Milan on June 23. Van Noten plans to continue showing women's wear in Paris. Marc Jacobs also plans to show his men's line in Milan for the first time this summer.

from wwd.com

I got excited thinking this was for womenswear. Oh well... But menswear will be cool.

Dries Van Noten will definitely add a much-needed flair to the menswear shows in Milan..Marc will probably only come up w/ nice shoes and not much else..

does marc usually do a mens show?...
i don't think so...

menswear shows in ny are practically nonexistent...
plus they overlap women's shows so they get lost...
i def feel like milano is the strongest place to show menswear...

sounds like a sound move on both their parts..

I was slightly confused by the article..It says "Jacobs also plans to show his men's line in Milan for the first time this summer.." Is this to say he will have a full-scale show (as opposed to a few pieces sprinkled in during his womenswear show)...or is it just saying he's simply showing in Milan for the first time?

onething i dont like from both of em...they produce in turkey and poland!!!:-(

Very interesting and very unexpected, but very good at the same time. I like novelty! ^_^

softgrey said:
does marc usually do a mens show?...
i don't think so...

menswear shows in ny are practically nonexistent...
plus they overlap women's shows so they get lost...
i def feel like milano is the strongest place to show menswear...

sounds like a sound move on both their parts..

He does a small showroom presentation, I assume they are trying to grow that leg of the business.

Contrary to what Eugenius feels, Marc Jacobs Collection has pretty excellent menswear. He uses great fabrics, great hand-sewn details, and it's all pretty chic. I'm exited for a full-scale catwalk production. So many shows... Marc has a lot of traveling to do.

I happy for Dries' move to Milan as well, his menswear has been pretty excellent (I did have an ill opinion of his last collection but after a while and see the video I had to change my mind) I can understand why he would want to move it to Milan.

I think Dries can fit in Milan well. He's the perfect mix of intelligence and embellished glamour. He can show that prints can be classy after all, Cavalli.

well it's no secret Marc Jacobs isn't really occupied with his own mens wear line..maybe he'll fly into Milan to take his bow for the stuff he didn't design :lol:..but ok, it adds some excitement to Milan fashion week

Well, it's a nice little change. Always good to have some variety. :smile:

Not a fan of Marc, but oh well.

marc buzinessman and dries a real designer.... thats the difference

I really don't like the idea of Dries going to Milan. Paris is really where he, and all of the good shows should go (YSL, Dior, Lanvin) and Milan is where the mediocre-to-bad shows should go (Cavalli, D&G, Dsquared, Valentino).

Marc on the other hand, is making the right choice. I'm VERY excited to see a real runway show from him, because the clothes look pretty 'okay' to me. He definitely needs his own little menswear designer partnership like Alber has with Lucas.

^ yes but it seems that recently Paris is not the 'place to show' as far as menswear goes, so i believe that Dries did the right commercial move as far as his menswear goes

ilaughead said:
I really don't like the idea of Dries going to Milan. Paris is really where he, and all of the good shows should go (YSL, Dior, Lanvin) and Milan is where the mediocre-to-bad shows should go (Cavalli, D&G, Dsquared, Valentino).

:o :o Yes, Milan is CRAP! From the beginning to the end, period (exept Jil Sander). Why would Dries move from Paris who had always praised his work? Honestly, i'm not ready for logoes "Dries" t-shirts and flowered tank tops!
This is very very disappointing from him... From Anwerpen to Milan :rolleyes:

^ :D
its just for showing a menswear catwalk belletrist, he's not moving his atelier or his house to Milan..

after all, even Belgians need money in order to stay their own boss :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->