Dries Van Noten F/W 09.10 Paris

ew the snakeskin coats are offensively ugly. and the rest is just... meh. so far there isnt a single piece i'd wear.

love the color palette, love the prints, love the chic simple dressing, love the modernism. love love love!

i quite like it...

Full collection from style.it
DVN1.jpg
DVN2.jpg

DVN3.jpg
DVN4.jpg

DVN5.jpg
DVN6.jpg

DVN7.jpg
DVN8.jpg

DVN9.jpg
DVN10.jpg

DVN11.jpg
DVN12.jpg

DVN13.jpg
DVN14.jpg

my favorite thing about dries has always been his unique treatment of prints.

these prints seem a little, i don't know, typical.

It's not bad, its just not good

The colours are a little off putting, but I can't say I hate it so far. Maybe it's just the lighting, but I just don't see these colours as being flattering on anyone' skintone. The models look so pale!

edit: After seeing more, I this I like the colour palette. But the colour combination in the first few looks aren't doing anything for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
reminds me of chloe last season, which is not a good thing.

i usually love dries though so hopefully this will grow on me.

Depressing....horrific colors, and what dreadful patterns!

the color palette is just horrible. i do really dislike this A LOT.

Some misses, could have been better edited, but I'm going to be one of the few who like this collection. Very wearable, easy clothes, not spectacular, but that's not DvN. It's far edgier than his usual fare, lovely streamlined skirts and I like how he moves away from the florals. Only caveat, this looks like a SS not AW collection, but with all the blacks out there, a bolt of colour may just be the thing.

this is really missing the playfulness and the sparkle of his better work

interesting mix of colours....incredible cuts. i might grow to like it!

:heart:

I'm a bit disappointed this season. I think that the colour palette might grow on me, but I'm not really liking the prints and droopy house-coat coats. It's a shame, I've been so inspired by Dries in the past.

There seems to be a trend in Paris this season towards reality clothing (Lanvin, Loewe, Dries, etc...) that is quite appealing, although most of these looks are rather basic, they look good enaugh for women to invest in them next season, I specially liked the fabric choise for this collection and the powdery shades.

I have a feeling this will be a letdown, since the expectations are so high after Spring.

I do kind of like the print/solid color hybrid pieces.
Guess my first impression was the right one. :(

Last season was just absolutely perfect, a perfect blend of desirability and complete wearability. This definitely has the wearability aspect, and there are solid pieces, but the whole look and feel of it is where this falls flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->