Dries Van Noten F/W 2021.22 Paris

Nice to see a fuller collection from Dries, looks very minimal but that's refreshing after the collections he did in 2020 (which I still like, don't get me wrong!), I especially love the silk and denim pieces!

I was not sure at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's a cool collection with some pieces. I especially love the sequin pieces.

Luckily, this collection doesn't scream out "I haven't left my house in over a year, so I went back into my garden, again, for inspiration."

If this is supposed to be his take on post-pandemic fashions, when it might be safer in the fall +winter months, Dries got it right.

Gorgeous stuff as always, but my eyes go straight to that black coat w/ the green + pink sleeves. I suspect that'll be a must-have item for his usual customer.

He can do no wrong in my eyes. I enjoy the presentation and even decided to use one of the images as my very first avatar on tFS just to try and see. Thank you Dries!

^^Check his IG page. He posted a video, where we get a better glimpse of the goods.

Iekeliene!!!

Also wish there were better images of the pieces but better collection than last season.

that beautiful, perfect red.. :heart::heart:

Expected more from the presentation.. just.. go hard with the choreography cause some of the models desperately need it, just look at their hands and how awkward, shy and stiff they are next to the actual dancers.. those fingers lol, they’re part of your body, too, you know. Do love the range of dancers from major classical companies to small ones, and then independent ones.

Pretty strong collection, he can do infinitely better but it’s a good effort in comparison to what he’s been doing since.. yeah, that freakin’ garden.

^^^ Never pair non-dancers with dancers: Their hands and fingers will always give them away and you’ll see just how awkwardly Neanderthal us commoners move and hold ourselves next to dancers.

After the menswear offering that was too much on the pubescent boys vibe, this presentation is such a welcome, with its clothes for adult women and men. And all so timeless.

This is Dries to the core: non-fussy and still dramatic. The dusty, velvety, vintage-y color-palette in sleek cuts and still romantic. Love when he shows his designs on dancers; the movement just showcases how effortless, how easygoing and still slick the designs are: pieces that are thrown on in a moment and instantly look gorgeous on the wearer (…or stripped off quickly…).

The presentation would work a lot stronger on a lighter set. This one is too dark and drowns out so many of the darker palettes of the designs.

All I know is that in September, I’ll just move to the Quai Malaquais store!
It’s quite Hits/Misses but the Hits are beyond!

It’s quite surprising for Dries but I feel like the prints are actually the weakest part of the collection.

That being said, it’s quite fabulous!

Might be a slow burn collection but after viewing it several times; well it's pretty darn fabulous.

I just knew he had it in him to redeem himself from his last two insipid collections, this is sublime and so exciting to go through. Dance inspired shows always carry something else with them...

There are so many beautiful outfits, I couldn't possibly list them all. Suffice to say it's the best I've seen this season.

Loved it. I believed look four to be the strongest. The shirt dress paired with an oversized blazer is simply a winning combination. Even the skirt suit- which is so outdated IMO- was appealing, just please lose those sheer socks! After such a disappointing Spring campaign, I am really happy for Dries.

Somehow I think the prints are sort of not in sync with the rest of the collection. I find this quite interesting from him. I just wish he goes after that new direction more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"