Dries Van Noten S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Dries-Van-Noten-RTW-SS15-Paris-0012-1411572384-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

nowfashion.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate this so much that I feel like weeping. It's like Missoni and Etro threw up on a Dries Van Noten collection. I'm jealous that the men got an elegant and luxurious Spring collection from him, and us women got this grossness.

It's very hit and miss for me. There are some amazing pieces and the styling on some models is just perfect. I love the pattern mix (on Hanne for example), most of the dresses are horrendous though. Like the first dress on Madison, what the heck.

Some looks are really messy, I can't concentrate on anything with the mix of prints and fabrics. I think it would work better separately because there are actually a few pieces that I like a lot.

colorful...like the rainbow..but just i poiinted on the color..gross a little bit...messing all together doesn't mean anything...but still some pieces look dope..

DvN *can* get overboard like this with an explosion of prints, fabrics, textures, volumes, abandoning the tailored jackets, flowing coats, vests, tunics, shirts that are so beautifully highlighted with his eclectic sensibility for embellishment....not often but when he does, the result is...:sick: Some nice pieces here though, that are good old DvN.

I think the busy color/print combos at the beginning do work, it's nice to see this kind of deviancy from 'code' from Dries.

Hmmm...I don't care for this. I was hoping he'd sort of carry forward the look he started with his Spring men's collection - as that was so sensual and luxurious. But, this unfortunately is messy and repetitive. And the shoes are awful! So tired of ugly fashion sandals. And again - this looks very "street-style" and that's another look that needs to go.

The finale, however, looks interesting.
DVN_1092.jpg

style.com

most of the dresses are disappointingly horrible. and the shoes are hideous. i really like the jackets, but that's about it. such a let down :(

Let me start of by saying that I like it. However, it is a bit all over the place when it comes to the styling; some of the looks are ruined by the way they are put together and I'm already re-pairing items in my mind. It's just that I keep going back to how flawless his previous spring/summer collection was. Ultimately, the actual clothes are great and I enjoyed most of the looks. Plus the finale was really fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like he didn't master in using color,there are both miss and hit.It's refreshing to see such novelty approach but sometimes it doesn't work.

I like parts of it and other parts I do not. Perhaps looking at the pieces separately would make it look better.

However, the most disappointing thing is the fact that the men's collection was amazing and I was expecting for him to carry that cool, fresh, and sexy vibe over for women. It would have been stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->