Dries Van Noten Scarves

faust

Reaction score
I think his scarves are absolutely gorgeous.

I almost bought one this season, but I could not bring myself to pay $200 for a scart (even though it was $350 originally). I will still get one (when I get a deal, hehe), because I think it's a real wardrobe staple. So, if you own one, or have a favorite one, post pictures!!!

I almost bought one from the men's collection last fall which was absolutely beautiful--chocolate brown with a two thin stripes down the middle and pink fringe on the ends. Unfortunately, by the time I came back to Barneys a few days later they were all sold out. :cry:

I love Dries scarves!! But I don't own one :( I design knitwear, and have somany scarves already that I only buy them under very special circumstances(heavily discounted)-----

I have one - from this season's menswear collection. It's rose pink with darker pink (almost burgundy) and green stripes. All silk. Bloomin lovely. Sorry no pics - will check show pictures to see if it was featured on the runway.

his mens scarves (thats all i have seen) are great buys, he's a master on color combinations, love his 'vintage-y' - eccentric mood. :heart:

havent got one myself, and i wonder why..
*Dries scarve gets on fw04.05 'to buy' list

if anyone's interested... i've seen some beautiful dries scarves on ebay in the past...i'd say it's worth a look... :flower:

would be lovely if anyone could post scarves they've got:heart::kiss:
particularly curious about the mens' scarves*

i could only find skirts and blouses, etc. on ebay, but lovely tactile designs nonetheless. really awesome closeups available there--much better than "official" runway closeup posts

I found a beautiful DVN scarf on ebay under the "for sale" listings at the bottom of the auctions. do you know what I am talking about? Anyway, it was a steal for $40 and is just so special. Black background with tan, rust and blue hand stitched embroidery all over it, even a touch of tan silk fringe on one corner. it is a huge square that can be worn many different ways. the pictures don't do it justice as you can imagine. no idea what season though?

^wow :woot: thanks for posting
(I didn't see this scarf there :blink: )

What I usually do is just type dries van noten in the search on the main page.
I couldn't find a "for sale" link at the bottom page, as you mentioned,
but I did click two links at the bottom of the page: See additional Buy It Now items and See all items; and I found so much stuff! Scarves, everything. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some of the stuff I found...

I can't help but giggle somehow, whenever I see his work.
He uses such strange colours and textures very beautifully ^^

dries1.jpg

dries4.jpg

dries3.jpg

dries5.jpg

dries6.jpg

dries2.jpg

These are of course so much better close up :flower: But I had to shrink them...

By the way, those are from Ebay.com
And here are links to my favourite ones from that post^...
(You can see here the full-blown closeups!! :woot: )

red black scarf
red cream scarf

I noticed many of his works are labelled made in Belgium.
I remember he's said that he likes to make fabric from scratch too, and he has shops in India
:o

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->