Dries van Noten

thanks, i actually got the pants in navy...even better than tan. i seem to have luck buying online and in stores. for some reason i can judge what is see and guess correctly for purchase, at least in tops, jackets and shoes....bottoms are a whole other matter, must try those on.

i love the knits this season too, but they like they might be too oversize and could come off frumpy. he nailed the downtown tone of all the shoes though.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has to be one of my all-time favourite designers. I have yet to see a collection of his that I've disliked. Always true to himself.

Is there any store in Texas near Houston which carries Dries?

^ Not particularly near Houston, but Barney's in Dallas does ...
Btw, the leopard is rabbit fur ... Barney's has bought it in limited quantities.

Hearing that his leopard items are made from rabbit fur, I'll have to give them a pass..and look for a faux vintage replacement.
As an owner of 2 bunnies, I honestly can't wear them without feeling guilty.

Ah well, at least that's money saved to put towards his knits! :D

^ Yes, I was a little surprised it was real fur! That and how my pants wrinkle have put a dent in my faith in Dries :P

I have just gotten back from Paris and the DVN boutique there. The fall collection is fabulous! I am lusting after the leopard print silk blouses and belted skirts. Here are my favorite looks:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2010RTW-DVNOTEN?event=show2062&designer=design_house35&trend=&iphoto=23http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2010RTW-DVNOTEN?event=show2062&designer=design_house35&trend=&iphoto=33[/URL]

credit: style.com

I also have to add that the shoes are PHENOMENAL.

I'm so lusting after these two pieces:

00100m.jpg

00210m.jpg

style.com

Has anyone visited his Antwerp store?

I'm planning to buy dvn trousers. Do dvn trousers run large/small or true??

So I didn't know that aloharag carries Dries until luckyme posted the pants she purchased (thanks lucky!). I ended up getting the same pants but in the khaki green. I'm nervous about the sizing ... I'm quite a bit shorter than this model, and hopefully aloharag's measurements are accurate (I surprisingly don't own any Dries pants, only skirts). What size did you get, lucky? I ordered the 36.

I also got a very basic wool tee from aloharag and these suede heels from Gimme Shoes (the lower heel version, 3.5" is really my limit). They are gorgeous.

Btw, how cute is this outfit? This is so me. I would love to have this top, but alas, already spent too much on the pants and shoes ...
01.jpg

(aloharag.com)
7526-D.jpg

(gimmeshoes.com)

tourist, so FAB.... i did the same and got the pant in a 36. they are running quite large but are meant to be slouchy so i guess it depends on where you want to wear them, waist or hip. i am usually a 38 but have also worn a 40 and the 36's fit me w/o being too slouchy. length can be adjusted by the buckles but that model is tall. see evagentry for a shorter model in them. i think the heel you picked up will add to the appeal, how could it not, both are such beauty.

^ thanks for the info! I'm between a 36 and 38 lately, so hopefully the 36 won't be super slouchy. The waist measurement on the 34 just seems way too small, so I didn't want to chance that, but now I'm not sure .... Have you worn them yet lucky? If yes, what did you pair them with?

his shoes are really lovely this season. but goodness, his shoe prices have gone up. I can't wait to see what monamoore's buy is like.

^ they look fantastic on you!!! do you mind doing measurements at the waist and hip for me? i'm still debating sizes ... i would like them to fit how they fit on you, more or less. how high do they sit on you, rise wise?

thank you. i took the measurements for you. waist is 15" with an 11" rise and the hip is 16.5". they sit on my low waist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->