Dry, red skin on jawline

lola belle

lovely but empty
Reaction score
Lately the skin along my jawline has become really dry and reddish and my moisturizer (I use Chanel Hydramax) isn't helping at all. The rest of my skin isn't dry nor oily at all and I'm not having any problems, but absolutely nothing will de-tomato my jawline. Does anyone have any reccomendations (no makeup please - just skincare products) on what to use, or what this is/why it's happening? I'd appreciate it so much.

change in weather ?
Skin irritation from perfume ?
Garment that brushes against your jaw that caused a reaction ?

Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour cream is good for so many things..among other things skin irritation and dryness :flower:

Oh this happened to me! So i used E45 itch relief cream thats for exzema (i dont have exzema but i used it anyway!) it soothes it and so it goes, mine went really quick! It wasn't so much itchy when i had it but irritable!

Your problem may not be cause perfume but Hanne is right, i had itching reddish bumps on jawline from a fragrance last year. :( I suggest, now the less chemical is the best and a simple cream you can get at the pharmacy. ^_^

I am not sure if I've got the same thing as you because mine is sort of chronic (I've had it for ages) and it's not too noticeable..but I have slightly red, slightly rough skin along the jawline as well. My dermatologist said I would probably grow out of it..but it's been years so she told me to try using my Retin-A on it, to use a face wash with chemical exfoliators ("Aqua Glycolic was the brand she recommended..it's available at cvs and is very simple but good--an exfoliating cetaphil, basically), and we also tried some microdermabrasion. These have helped a little bit.

Hope that helps!

I also agree with fashionista-ta, it might be best to get it checked out by a dermatologist or at least by your local GP.

Also, it might be best to stop using the moisturiser that you're using. You could try using Sorbolene cream. Whenver I get dry skin or skin irritations I just slap some on and it goes away within a few days.

It could be that you aren't rinsing the soap or other face wash from your jawline properly ....you need to make sure you wash it all off thoroughly (inc; off your jawline) and dry your whole face well (patting it dry with a soft clean towel). I think i get something similar sometimes. Do you use a harsh soap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->