Dry Skin - in general / combating the effects of winter

I've heard that stuff by Eucerin is pretty good for the winter, but I have yet to try it myself.

Also, if your skin's seriously dry try putting on lotion morning, noon and night.

Dry Winter Skin

do you ever feel like you just look tired...?

i'm talking about...

deep, dark circles...no colour in your face...deep lines where there are usually none...

i find this usually happens in the middle of winter...
when i've been cooped up inside too long...
or after recovering from a cold, etc...

-any ways to give yourself a boost and liven up your looks..??

*cause looking in the mirror on a day like that can be depressing...:ninja:
:lol:

-would a facial help?...

*what kind?...any specific product recommendations?...

-is it better to wear more make up then?...

*sometimes i find that more make up actually looks worse...:(

-any kinds of foods/beverages that help your complexion?..

*ie-juices, veggies?...maybe anti-oxidants?....

-vitamins?....

*i have read for years that vitamin C is very good for your skin...

Please share your thoughts and tips..
thanks...

:flower:

Ohhh Softie the suggestions could go on for paaaaagess.. there is so much one can do, that is if one has the time..

do you ever feel like you just look tired...?

i'm talking about...

deep, dark circles...no colour in your face...deep lines where there are usually none...

i find this usually happens in the middle of winter...
when i've been cooped up inside too long...
or after recovering from a cold, etc...

being cooped up inside during winter = dry dry air, something the skin is not happy about...so maybe gently steam your skin followed by a moisturizing mask ?

-any ways to give yourself a boost and liven up your looks..??
*cause looking in the mirror on a day like that can be depressing...:ninja:
:lol:

-would a facial help?...
*what kind?...any specific product recommendations?...

Yes a facial would help one that norishes and more importantly hydrates..

-is it better to wear more make up then?...
*sometimes i find that more make up actually looks worse...:(

hmm that might be because your canvas (eg your skin) hasn't been properly prepped ? (a biological exfoliator+moisture+foundation primer)

-any kinds of foods/beverages that help your complexion?..
*ie-juices, veggies?...maybe anti-oxidants?....

Broccoli and Blueberries are rich in anti-oxidants :flower:

-vitamins?....
*i have read for years that vitamin C is very good for your skin...

True and so is evening primrose oil, omega 8 oil (fish oil)

Please share your thoughts and tips..
thanks...
:flower:[/quote]

A facial is a great pick me up....it might not actually be doing wonders for your skin but it really perks you up. I go to the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas....not too expensive considering the length of the treatment too......

For on the cheap home pick me ups, I love steaming my face in a basin of water with some lavender oil...so good in the winter. Anything to clear my pores is good.

I try to steer clear of the make-up because it just makes my skin look worse - I like to exfoliate more during the winter because it really brightens up my skin and gets rid of that 'dull' vibe.

Diet wise - well, tend to eat more during winter but if I really grossed out and pimply with all the stodgy food, I like to go on a two day liquid diet with just fruit smoothies and veg juice (V8 is my lifesaver).

And exercise does wonders. :wink:

erin...
you had to throw that in didn't you...

:lol:...

right...
getting off the couch....signing off...and going for a walk in the rain and snow....

woohoo!!!...
gotta get some colour back into these cheeks...:blush:

also going to crack a window in the bedroom to let in some fresh air and let out some of the dry steam heat...

will do a face steam and moisturising facial to reward myself for the walk when i return...
gonna pop some vitamin C right now...
and have a glass of V8...

thanks ladies...
great tips...
as you can seee i need mucho help...
:lol:...

Personally, I think too much emphasis is put on fancy face peels and the sort...

For me, the following never fails:

EXERCISE (gets the blood flowing, wakes up the body... plus... it's good for you, soft)

Fruits & Veggies, fish & nuts (I eat mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers nearly every day.. and take my Omega 3 capsules, since I'm not a huge fish fan)

SLEEP! This is the most important one for me. Most definitely.

keep hydrated and use a great exfoliator(Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion is ) awesome)

Erin said:
Personally, I think too much emphasis is put on fancy face peels and the sort...

For me, the following never fails:

EXERCISE (gets the blood flowing, wakes up the body... plus... it's good for you, soft)

Fruits & Veggies, fish & nuts (I eat mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers nearly every day.. and take my Omega 3 capsules, since I'm not a huge fish fan)

SLEEP! This is the most important one for me. Most definitely.

Totally agree with you on the exercise. Usually I feel so tired and lethargic before I'm due to go for my dance class after a hectic and draining day at work. But you should see me after class!!! All rosy and glowy and vibrant! :blush::flower:

V8 has very little nutritional value.

You should get a real juice. Green juices are the best. :flower:

wow, excellent suggestions ladies! One thing I cannot stress enough, especially in winter:

water, water, water, water, water!!! :P

yep yep...
*waves the empty bottle of evian next to her*...

:P...

Dry Winter Skin

hey guys, lately my face has been VERY dry and flakey due to the winter weather. i have been using aquaphor and it isnt doing it for me anymore. so what i would like to know if if anyone has any good recomendations for a good scrub and a hydrating moisturizer. i am on a budget of $25 and under. any help would be GREAT! thanks guys =)

I'm right now using Dr. Brandt but its 85 bucks for it. It helps a lot! But Murad also has a decent one for less.

Dry Winter Skin

Hello, I have horribly dry skin this winter. No matter what facial lotion/moisturizer I use my skin is still dry. My skin seems to be especially flaky near the cheeks and temples. Is there anything you might recommend? Thanks.^_^

Same with me, but i ALSO use Retin-A, so my skin is EXTRA dry. I use Aloe Vera gel as a base, and then some non-comedogenic lotion, its called Sea Breeze. It does a good job.

The best thing I've found for dry skin is Aveeno - I used to be so terrible about using body lotions, even though I had very dry skin....but once I saw the results, I was hooked :woot:

Moisturizers for the winter

Hey...
I was hoping to get some suggestions on richer moisturizers for the winter. I'm 21 and my skin is fair and fairly sensitive. I use Clinique in the summer but I find it's not protective enough in the winter.
I'm looking for one with SPF and from a company that doesn't test on animals (Dr.Hauschka, Jurlique, Estee Lauder etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->