Dundas S/S 2019 Paris

he should shut down his brand before losing too much money to produce that kind of crappy collection

Yikes! Looks really cheap and Plein level. This collection is the ugly step sister to Olivier's Balmain and Anthony's YSL.

It's quite fabulous underneath all the messy styling. I would Axe most of the Pink section, it's ugly and unecessary. The volume on the shoulders should be altered for production. If worn on the wrong woman you will have a full on Dynasty moment. Overall it's good and it works, it just needs some editing.

Awful show, I may not be a model expert but I have no words for this kind of cast...the saffron looks are the only ones I truly liked, the rest is just too cluttered with tacky details to be interesting, fashionable or sophisticated. Basically anything he did at Pucci is 10X better.

He’s reminding me of a modern day Emmanuel Ungaro, his taste is take it or leave it unabashed party clothes that look at contemporary dressing of the ever-person: Ungaro in the 1980’s elevated the little part dress, big shoulder and ruffle madness whereas Dundas elevates the baggy jean, the fancy tee shirt and the pieces together sheer dress.

I personally think he’s done better work than this collection but I’m still rooting for this guy.

This looks too maximalist even for 2008. Dewi Driegen is literally the only highlight for me.

What a mess!
Maybe few pieces are ok but not more that ok.
I loved his Pucci but all he did after Pucci was and is irrelevant , imo.

Dundas is skilled and talented so to see his collections since leaving Cavalli kinda breaks my heart.
One thing is sure, he knows his girls and his clientele. The casting is good (even if a bit expected).

I love the dress on Dewi and the Parka but really, this is tired, stale and boring right now.
There so many brands in that area of dressing the party girls with revival 80's dress that it's not even funny anymore. I feel like on top of that, they are all referencing the same designers (YSL, Ungaro, Chanel, Alaia). It's exhausting.

So, yes, showing during Couture is great for exposure but there are many more ways to do sexy and fun.

Lol so true. More like a Lindsay Lohan collection

We need to redeem that Ungaro by Lohan collection because tbh, it wasn't that bad. It was just that 10 years ago, people had higher standard when it came to fashion.
Today, that collection doesn't look ridiculous at all and it's not that different from what Hedi did. I think that it was better than what Hedi delivered at Saint Laurent considering that Hedi is a cult designer...

To give him his credit, Dundas has been doing the same thing since the beginning of his career. He must be the most consistent designer ever because from Cavalli to Ungaro, from Revillon to Pucci and from Pucci to there, he has always been faithfull to his aesthetic. I don't know why suddenly his work (which has always been right for the moment) seems to be off.

Maybe he needs to work for another brand also...

It's off and ever since he left Pucci it's like his attention to detail went away.

I do actually like some of his propositions in this collection but the styling all wrong.

The gladiator heels are terrible. I think him doing a lookbook for a while would show this kind of collection better

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->