Durability Of A Balenciaga Bag

Foxie-Pooh

Reaction score
For those of you who owns a balenciaga bag, is the leather tough/durable? I tried one on in Barneys and it looked very thin and slouchy! I really love the shape and style of the bag. I'm planning to get one in the future as doctor/school bags for notebooks, laptop, and other work/school stuff but I'm not sure if it can handle the weight. I'm looking forward for the male version in black or gray...or maybe the medium sized one( 15x9x5). Which one should I get?

P.S: For those of you who may scream for there has been topic like this...well I did look through them and couldn't find anything relating to the durability issue so...forgive me :P

Ooh, good question. I'm hoping to get one in the near future (if the boyfriend is picking up on my not-so-subtle hints for my birthday, that is!), and I'd like to know how it holds up as well. It won't be my primary bag, as I'm a student, but I do plan on taking it out a few times a week. And I tend to carry a lot with me, including cameras and such so I need assurance that it won't collapse on me after a month of use.

I have the voyage size and it has held up very well. The leather is very lightweight and to be honest, I've felt better but the quality is fine. No complaints. I have put my laptop, a magazine, a paperback novel, my wallet and other small things in it and it has held up fine. Really a good bag, I want one in another color now. Last time I was in Barney's they had a citron green one, I also love the black. Hope this helps you make a decision.

matt

Originally posted by MJCouture@Aug 14 2004, 02:20 AM
I have the voyage size and it has held up very well. The leather is very lightweight and to be honest, I've felt better but the quality is fine. No complaints. I have put my laptop, a magazine, a paperback novel, my wallet and other small things in it and it has held up fine. Really a good bag, I want one in another color now. Last time I was in Barney's they had a citron green one, I also love the black. Hope this helps you make a decision.

matt
[snapback]331667[/snapback]​

Thanks Matty! OOH btw does yours come with a shoulder strap? If not, do you carry it on your arm? Since the weekender is kinda big, I dunno if it gets really heavy with your stuff! I've carried the LV speedy 25 for my mom before and found it a bit heavy :(

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Aug 15 2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks Matty! OOH btw does yours come with a shoulder strap? If not, do you carry it on your arm? Since the weekender is kinda big, I dunno if it gets really heavy with your stuff! I've carried the LV speedy 25 for my mom before and found it a bit heavy :(
[snapback]333473[/snapback]​
this is exactly why i prefer shoulder bags to handbags :cry:

I want a Balenciaga travel bag. Do they make it in the lariat version? Or something along that size.

I don't know if it can handle the weight, depends how much you put in it :wacko: I have my two small motorcycles now for a year or so, they still look decent but I managed to make some holes in the fabric inside (that saved me some money when it gets 'lost in the bag' :innocent: ) Actually I don't think they will last that long when you start carrying laptops in it, maybe a few notebooks...(I like the cargo more as an every day bag, it's suede in and out)

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Aug 15 2004, 06:24 PM
[snapback]333473[/snapback]​

No my bag did not come with a shoulder strap. It is strictly a handheld bag (can be worn on the inside of the arm as well). I am very used to carrying bags (I have a lot of shopper totes, etc.) so I don't notice it very much, and I do not normally load mine up so it isnt too bad. If a Speedy (one of the lightest handbags out there) is too heavy for you than this is probably as well. I would suggest you look into some of the balenciaga messenger bags. I love the one that kind of looks like the body of a backpack, I belive it is called the cargo. Good luck.

matt

The cargo bag is ugly, but the suede material is very nice. I assue its material is similar to the famed cargo pants? I still want the moto styled bag. I guess I can weight train to get used to the weight... :P I wonder if the handle is long enough for me to stuff the bag under my shoulder :unsure:

I've a motorcycle, size large, but the leather is not the best....moreover, the bas is quite roomy but not enough to carry all school stuff....

Originally posted by crazyfordior@Aug 18 2004, 04:15 AM
I've a motorcycle, size large, but the leather is not the best....moreover, the bas is quite roomy but not enough to carry all school stuff....
[snapback]336774[/snapback]​
Not even the weekender size, 20x15x8?

Originally posted by crazyfordior@Aug 18 2004, 10:15 AM
[snapback]336774[/snapback]​

[SIZE=7]
No, sorry, the weekender is much more roomy than the motorcycle...[/SIZE]

I just bought the medium le dix bag in lavender. the leather is distressed so don't worry about making any scuff marks or so otherwise. In terms of carrying books? I dont advise with carrying a big book since the leather seems thin? The handles are quite well made and strong. Perhaps you can carry a notebook or 2. Its very cute and fashionable. get it!!!! :P~~~ ($1095 + plus tax)

MJCouture said:
...... I would suggest you look into some of the balenciaga messenger bags. I love the one that kind of looks like the body of a backpack, I belive it is called the cargo. Good luck.

matt

hello. sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but could you tell me more about this Balenciaga messenger bag that looks like a backpack? pics and available colours would be fantastic. i've seen photos of the Balenciaga Cargo and it doesn't look like the one you described. this one you describe seems more to my liking. unfortunately for us Australians, we've got a pretty limited selection of just about anything. any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. many, many thanks in advance. cheers!

141829.jpg
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ref: 141829[/font]

kkesh, here is a version of the backpack/messenger bag line from balenciaga.
i believe this is what MJCouture was talking about. im sure they have more bags with backpack/messenger theme... you should call the boutique..

and back the thread,

i believe balenciaga use their thinnest leather on medium (for the slouchy effect) and use thicker leather for the voyage.

i dont think a medium is strong enough to hold all those things.
i put a sony vaio (the tiniest one) and a notebook in my medium and i felt like the bag was gonna rip. or stretch. whatever.

so yeah. i think the voyage is durable enough.

That is the evening version of the bag I was talking about. It also came in cordoruy and suede (I think the one pictured is hair calf or pony). It was that shape but much larger, and had a long leather strap to make it into a messenger. I tried one on at Barney's a while ago, they were pretty well priced I think (under $800 maybe), but it just did not do much more me. There is now a motorcycle messenger, which I have in taupe, that has the classic details, etc. It will be out again for fall in black and choc. brown.

do you have a picture of the motorcycle messenger, mj?? is it something new, or is it the old one that's on aloharag?

It was new last season, as is the one on Aloha. The old one was designed more as a shoulder bag, that could be worn as a messenger, than a true messenger like this one. I took a picture of it w/ my camera phone a while ago, which came out like crap. I will try to take a picture of me wearing it some time, as it is nearly impossible to see what this bag is like from pictures (the ones on Aloha look horrible in comparison to what it looks like in person).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->