Dutch Street Style

it seems there is not really much going on on this thread:unsure: , well, maybe some more pics will help...

one more:
she totally represents the typical "vintage look", even the pose.

oh, forgot to mention, both pics are taken by me. they are from my photo blog: greengrassia.blogspot.com

some pics from myspace, hope you like them!
my boyfriend and i are on the last photo

970995966_l.jpg

SOO.jpg

these sort of glasses are hot here!

1351983498_l.jpg

very nice, vosje!!
i'm gettin' excited to see more pics being posted here!

Sorry, I don't want to be rude, but these pics show me that "Dutch street style" in general has nothing to do with style. Most of it is H&M (badly)combined with 80's inspired clothes. Not original at all.

hi, Joyeux: it's not rude at all...actually having some discussion of street style in this thread will be really nice.
do u have any pic to show what the 'original style' is? i'm interested...

I think the street style in most threads looks like it could have been posted in a thread of another place. :unsure:

maybe that's the result of rapid globalisation and the development of mass media...for example, when 'vintage' look was introduced, it became 'in' almost all over the western world, especially in metropolitan area.

i'm not dutch myself. i do think there are some distinctive 'dutch styles', like men in orange or pinkish pants, but personally, i'm not into that style at all. but i will def take ur criticism into consideration...

hahaha the girl with the red hair is one of my best friends, and I know the kid with the v&r shirt as well.

anyway, I don't like the Dutch style shown here, as a matter of fact, I just dislike the Dutch style.

to be frankly, i did not expect such negative reaction towards 'dutch style' in general..
and i could never expect myself to feel defensive of 'dutch style' neither.
as the matter of fact, my initial impression of dutch style was not too positive.
but don't you think constructive criticism will be more helpful here to make your point?
anyway, i will start it myself.
why i didn't like 'dutch style':
in general, dutch people are tend to be very down-to-earth, therefore, practicality is the priority when it comes to dressing. it also has a lot to do with the windy, rainy weather and general lifestyle in this country. even some royal people go through the city on bicycles (sometimes), it is not a wonder that the outfit should be practical enough for biking.

there are also difference in style depends on the region. i personally really do not appreciate the style in the very north of this country. people there tend to wear just basic clothing. the shoes can be eye-sores in particular cause lots of women tend to wear really chunky, cloggy shape of footwear, which suits their lifestyle (go hiking in the woods, etc)

i think what can be the biggest problem for lots of fashion experts when it comes to 'dutch style' is: lack of subtlety and sophistication. it can turns out to be somewhat 'vulgar' and 'flamboyant'.

yes, I don't like 'hip' Dutch designers such as Bas Kosters and Daryl van Wouw because they seem to be so focused on being excentric and Daryl van Wouw on staying street.
So but yes, I do like how a certain group of Dutch people is dressed, who in my experience aren't really living in one region. But where I live, in Rotterdam, I really dislike the style. Everybody looks the same. All the 'hip' people dress entirely in H&M, which can be okay, but it's just not. Amsterdam is much better though.

anyway, that's just my two cents for now, maybe i will come up with more thoughts later...cause i really want to keep contributing to this thread.
i just started my photo blog that is dedicated to 'dutch street style'. though i don't think the netherland is a fashion-driven country, i do appreciate some individuals who at least try their effort.
since i have been and will be living here, it makes sense that i would like to represent what is going on in netherlands, style wise. things are evolving, so do people.

yeah, i used to live in friesland. it can be quite a visual disaster sometimes. it happens very often that after the whole day spent in the center of town, no single person has catched my eyes, everyone looks like each other's clone, in esprit, mexx, and only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->