Dutch supermodel Yfke Sturm run over by surf jet, in critical condition

Birkin

Reaction score
Yfke Sturm, the 33 year old Dutch supermodel, is in critical condition after an accident with a motorized surfboard off the shore of the Italian island of Ischia. She is in a coma in a hospital in Naples, NOS reports.
According to Itallian newspaper Corriere della Sera, Sturm suffered a fractured skull and a number of broke vertebrae after falling off the so-called surf jet and being hit by another surf jet on the water.
Sturm is known for her modeling work for, among others, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Victoria’s Secret and Chanel. She also presented two seasons of the RTL program Holland’s Next Top Model.
The Dutch supermodel became a mother in June this year and is currently living in London.
Source: nltimes.nl

i hope she gets well and recovers completely :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! Poor Yfke;-((( I hope she manages to recover from this horrific accident!

According to the doctor Sturm lies in a coma and her condition is stable. But he can not say she is completely out of danger. The head of the intensive care unit of the Hospital of Naples Federico II Professor Giuseppe Servillo against the Telegraph said. Sturm has no fever and blood pressure is good. She will not be operated.

Tonight or tomorrow morning he's trying to stop (momentarily) the medications that put her to sleep and wake her. ,, Then it is important whether and how she will react, "said Professor Servillo.

telegraaf.nl

Oh God, that's horrible. She always seemed like a nice person.

According to the doctor Sturm lies in a coma and her condition is stable. But he can not say she is completely out of danger. The head of the intensive care unit of the Hospital of Naples Federico II Professor Giuseppe Servillo against the Telegraph said. Sturm has no fever and blood pressure is good. She will not be operated.

Tonight or tomorrow morning he's trying to stop (momentarily) the medications that put her to sleep and wake her. ,, Then it is important whether and how she will react, "said Professor Servillo.

telegraaf.nl

But this sounds promising, hopefully she makes a full recovery.

New update

It will take some time but she likely fully recover! :angel:
Tomorrow when she comes out of artificial coma they will know for sure

I hope it's good news tomorrow, and that she starts on the road to recovery. I wish her and her family all the very best.

FANTASTIC NEWS

Sunday she has awakened from coma by itself!

More good news about Yfke Sturm: She probably leave the hospital on Wednesday

Sunday Yfke awoken from herself from her coma & she was doing well. She even had her son equally held. But it goes so well that the model maybe going home on Wednesday.

That's a relief. I'm glad it is not as serious as the first news suggested. Best wishes for Yfke and her new family.

Latest news: Today she's leaving the hospital to recover at home in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->