Dye For Faded "denim"

Discussion in 'Workshop - DIY - Do It Yourself' started by purreow*, Oct 20, 2004.

1. purreow*

purreow* Member

I have a pair of "denim" (not really denim, but they're designed to look like denim - very thin denim-like material / cotton) trousers that have faded from too much washing. Normally, the look of faded denim would be no problem, but they have faded from a very dark, dark blue to a medium colored blue that's just rather boring.

Has anyone tried dying anything similar to this to get a darker color, or restore the original darkness? Any tips?

2. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

Back before I became too lazy, I used to like the results of using procion dye on cotton. Permanent cold water dye, great colors, unfortunately somewhat labor-intensive.

Here is a link to one website that sells it (this was just the first result from Google, I have no endorsement of or experience with this vendor. It's just to give an idea of the process.)

3. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

dharma trading is a really good company, i recomend them

4. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

A little emery-tape or gauge 1 glasspaper might do the trick :wink: