Dying Hair Dark?

Discussion in 'Hair Care' started by Ina, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Ina

Ina New Member

I have a weave at the moment. Meaning pretty blonde! I want to go dark and am considering doing it myself because of money issues. Does someone have any tips for me? :flower:

2. á la Balenciaga

á la Balenciaga Active Member

how dark? If you're planning to dye your hair black, good luck! My hair is jet black right now and it's soooo difficult to dye it another color. I have to either wait for my natural hair to grow out or bleach it out and dye it.

3. jmkamm

jmkamm New Member

i would seriously consider before going really dark. im naturally quite a medium ash blonde and its so hard to get that color back (if you ever get that idea in the future) after having almost black hair for a year. and bleaching will make the hair yellow or not bright enough first and you'd have to wait a couple of weeks before bleaching again...

having said that, if you think darker hair looks better on you, go for it. i know dark went well with my bone structure, but the negative sides are that my skin is quite light and its too contrasty. also consider that youd have to dye the eyebrows too and roots often, if you have light hair

i wouldnt recommend dying at home - my hair turned weird orange brown (dyed with some schwarzkopf brillance color. i think that was the brand) - but if youre more experienced than i, i think you could make it. its far easier to dye hair darker than getting it lighter :)

4. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

idk about dyeing a weave dark.... wouldn't it be safer to have the weave taken off, dyed and put back on? with the braids and all.... maybe next time you're going in for weave maintenance.

5. saann

saann I don't know

you should definately keep in mind that dying your hair darker is really something you have to be good at maintaining it because whenever your hair grows just a tiny bit it will look really weird so because of that it will be expensive since you have to continue dying it very often

and it's a pain to go lighter again if you dye it really dark

6. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

the thing is, it's weave. so most of the real hair on her scalp can remain their natural color. actually, since you got a weave, why not have it taken out and replaced with a lacefront? new hairstyle and color w/o the commitment.