vogue

Prada S/S 2017 by Willy Vanderperre

prada

Mr. Palo Cedro | Dylan Fender

johntancasting.blogspot

Name: Dylan Fender
Hometown: Palo Cedro, California

How did you get discovered?
I was getting a haircut and my hair dresser's assistant mentioned her photographer's friend, who shoots models, would probably want to shoot me. Incidentally, I have taken up an interest in runway and fashion recently. Initially, it sounds sketchy but thought I didn't have much to loose, so she sent a photo of me to the photographer, Haley and she organized a shoot date for me. Haley turned out to be a lovely photographer. It was my first time in front of the camera and even though I have no clue what I was doing, I totally felt comfortable. She mentioned I was pretty good for my first time and asked what agency I was with. I told her I didn't have one so I mentioned an agency I'd like to be sign with. Immediately, Haley send a photo she took of me to NIYA, the owner of NIYA Models Management and Niya sent me an email the next day organizing a meeting and I got signed right away!
What were you doing prior to modeling?
Before I was a senior in high school, I started working at Bastille, which is this local boutique that fashion nerds work at. It's my teen dream job besides modeling!
People would be surprised to know that I...
am a total internet kid with a computer addiction. If I wasn't at school, I will be playing games. I used to have a really bad social anxiety as well. I think it is hilarious that I end up where I am now, meeting countless of people daily. I feel like 70% of modeling is networking and I used to have nervous sweats one meeting a new person or talking to strangers.
What's your latest obsession?
Last time I'm obsessed over something, it was a pair of shoes. It's super basic but I fell in love with these Rick Owens Ramones sneakers. I saved for a bit and find a nylon pair for $400. It's probably the most I ever pay for a pair of sneakers. Maybe one day I plan on reselling them but I tend to get attached to things due to sentimental value, it's not always healthy.
Your most prize possession?
I have this little silver meteorite I bought at a gem fair when I was super young. I used to always play with it, believing there's magic powers to it. It was a catalyst to hours of imagination and fun, and I still have it in my safe at home. It reminds me of when I was young.
Growing up, who did you look up to as your hero?
I always look up to my dad. The man is almost perfect I swear. As a businessman, the dude is sharp and as a family man, I could not ask for a more caring and supportive influence.
When is the last time you said, "I Love You" to someone?
I say I love you to so many people. I feel fortunate with those I choose to surround myself with. If it is a significant other, it will take a lot longer to feel the urge to say it. I believe the last person I said I love you to was my very good friend, my kindred spirit, he is going through a tough time right now and I reminded him that I will always be around for support and I love him. It's good to express that to people if you mean it.
Three adjectives that best describes you:
Textural (Tactile), Enthusiastic and Tongue-In-Cheek
My friend Kieran said: Blithe, Aesthetic, Sagacious
Describe your personal style:
Lovely colors, comfortable fabrics, soft and tactile textures (NO Polyester!)
Your favorite place you have travel to:
I've been too many places but if I have to choose, Utah is absolutely lovely and reminds me of the northwest. Portland is a recent favorite, the people are incredibly nice and has to be the perfect amount of cultural happenings and massive trees.
Your favorite film and scene from the film:
American Psycho freaks me out! Patrick Bateman is one of the most unsettling characters he so not human but I love the business card scene. It feels human and I related to it so much.
Your top five favorite designers:
Acne Studios—Comfort, great fabrics, colors and fit. I don't like how they moved production to China though!
Boris Bidjan Saberi—His eleven collection is one of my favorite street wear lines. Great tech wear influence, great flow in the fabric, most comfortable!
Dior (Under Raf Simons)—So ethereal! It is this lovely interpretation of Dior elegance through Raf's eyes. He just left which makes me sad but I absolutely loves his designs.
Vetements—I know they are essentially making fashion a post-ironic joke but that is very me as a person. I love their attitude and designs. They are brilliant and they simultaneously don't care and do.
Christian Carol Poell—His designs just send me chills and moves me to my core and I like that about him. His designs always feels otherworldly without trying too hard.
If there's a destination or item you would recommend us to check out or visit about your native country/city or town, what would you recommend?
Palo Cedro, California—To my home then off hiking or camping. Not because I love camping but it's something Utah offers that's absolutely great or we can go boating or hang out at a café. The Utah Contemporary Art Museum is absolutely a killer so we will definitely need to go there first!
If you were given a indie cable show, what type of show would it be? Which song would you choose as your theme song?
OK here's my TV pitch: It's a show kind of like a talk show except it's just me and a guest watching TV and that's it! Imagine watching a movie within a show with Kevin Spacey or Jack Nicholson and talking about it. Theme song would be noise rock for like five seconds along with color flashing slowly then the calm TV watching TV show starts.
Craziest thing you ever done:
I don't really do crazy, like it comes off as reckless. I feel like if you're doing something consider crazy by others and it hurts or inconvenience no one, it's not really crazy. Crazy is like yelling at people, hurting others...
Your wish for 2016?
One wish to know something useful like how do you stop entropy!

johntancasting.blogspot

Fusion NYC Polaroids

fusionmodelsnyc

Craig Green F/W 2017 HQ/Closeup
theimpression

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back