E! True Hollywood Story: Models

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by ebowleg, Apr 18, 2004.

1. ebowleg

ebowleg New Member

I couldn't find a post on this, so I decided to start one...I know it aired a week or so ago, but did anyone else catch it...I watched in horror as Janice Dickenson glorified her use of cocain and drinking, then acted superior to others who now offer it to her...I was also wondering if the modelling world is still like this...I've been to several shows myself and have never seen any acts described on the show...What do you guys think?

2. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

Unwatchable. It's out-of-context stock footage with out-of-date sensationalism mixed in to create a typically self-important E! expose. It brought nothing new to the table.

Especially pathetic is Carol Alt fooling herself into thinking she mattered.

3. ItsTheKids

ItsTheKids New Member

i saw part of it this morning. that whole janice thing made me laugh. she was practically screaming about her cocaine habit, she was so excited. "i was eating a salad a week!" haha. and i also laughed when they showed interviews with models from like 1997. it was really out of date. you could tell by all the clothes they were showing, and the big hair thing, and those pounds of makeup that it was old.

4. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

please tell me what it was abt!~

5. iluvjeisa

iluvjeisa clever ain't wise

E! is a sensationalistic channel - I never expect anything but Hollywood Babylon when I watch that channel. It's great sometimes - for entertainment.

'Big hair' doesn't sound so dated anymore, not if you judge by the looks on catwalks and editorials this season, anyway. Btw, all the saucy stuff HAS to be dated - who would hire Natalia V if she talked about all the drugs she was using (ok, just using her as an example)? That's something people admit to 20 yrs after the fact - or after they had a carreer that could be harmed by scandals.

6. ItsTheKids

ItsTheKids New Member

what i meant was that whole "rachel" hair thing, i hope you know what i mean

7. absolut_allure

absolut_allure New Member

i agree it was outdated and janice was soo annoying

8. DeLaRentaGirl

DeLaRentaGirl New Member

Cheryl Tiegs looks like every other soccer mom.

This was the worst thing on supermodels I've ever watched. Anyone catch that "When Supermodels Ruled the World" on Vh1. That was good stuff.