E2 by Michèle & Olivier Chatenet Haute Twist A/W 03.04

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:heart: ok, here is E2's absolutely beautiful take on couture ..
only four pictures but well, better than the usual E2 ..."nothing"

as for the idea behind the location of their erhh unusual presentation, way fresh B)

Fashion Wire Daily Paris July 8, 2003 - Anyone arriving at the E2 couture show in Paris Tuesday had to notice that it was taking place in a rather unusual location. E2 designers Michele Mariot and Olivier Chatenet opted to present their latest collection in the entrance of their own apartment block.

The novel locale, however, didn't discourage one supermodel -- Linda Evangelista -- from donning a look and parading around the courtyard of E2's 10th arrondissement apartment building.

E2 has built a cult following remodeling vintage pieces from such houses as Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Chloι and Gucci. And don't let anyone tell you that Imitation of Christ dreamt up this concept -- the designers of E2 have been at it since the mid-'90s.

"I'm a big fan of E2. I love to wear the pieces, they're so romantic," Evangelista told FWD, fresh from her appearance earlier in the day at the Chanel haute couture show where she wore the wedding dress. At E2, Evangelista wore a black suit from the same collection. Coincidentally, Virginie Viard, head of Lagerfeld's design studio at Chanel, also made an appearance at the E2 show - as a model. :flower:

"I'm going to do one more show and then I'm leaving Paris," Evangelista announced. Her final catwalk stop will be Wednesday night, at Jean-Paul Gaultier's show in the Beaux-Arts.

A flower theme dominated the mood at the E2 show, titled "Wanted $20,000,000 Reward," with daisies and orchids embroidered on the "sampled" satin and velvet looks E2 had acquired. Many blousons came plastered with mini disc-sized buttons and miniature grommets, while real gardeners' belts accessorized skirts. And you've heard of text messages -- well, E2 plastered a half dozen looks with words like "Automobile" and "Individual" in bold lettering.

If this all sounds a bit weird, it was. But it was also beautiful at times, and a prime example of fashion meeting art.

Nice! :woot: Very focused, not trying too hard, staying true to themselves and beautiful pieces, what more can you want? :o :huh:

Originally posted by HBoogie@Jul 9th, 2003 - 10:12 pm
doing it MUCH better than IOC

very nice :heart:
:lol: they have nothing in common with ICO, Michele Mariot and Olivier Chatenet (husband and wife) used to design Hermes some years ago, thats after their 'backer' :angry: dropped them -they used to have their own beautiful label- and before they started their amazing E2 project

i'm a hard core fan for almost a decade :heart:

Oh i LOVE :heart: E2!

more pictures! :smile:
E2-009.jpg
E2-013.jpg

E2-019.jpg
E2-035.jpg

Not my style, but completely creative and inspiring. :o

Thanks for the extra pics. :flower:

omigosh
I found more.

:heart: :woot:
http://www.***************/image/0709200314201889.jpghttp://www.***************/image/0709200314201477.jpg

http://www.***************/image/0709200314202509.jpghttp://www.***************/image/0709200314202053.jpg

ohh jules :heart: :heart: :flower:

i die for the :heart: number seven dress and
for the a-do-ra-ble 'hope' shirt.
they are all only one of a kind, so hard to own..
even for those who can actually .. erhh afford them

i'm in love with this collection, glad tehy are finally getting due exposure :flower:

:woot: i'm fainting, arpons pleaseeeeee :heart:

thanks again Jules :wink:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theya re amazing, i love the "individual" dress back, its all great, very beautiful and inspireing

:P
:heart: :heart: :heart: j'adore E2 :heart: :heart: :heart:

some very interesting and gorgeous pieces. I especially love the dress at the very top right hand corner. it's beautiful. some of the head pieces are really unique. a lot of couture designers did that this season, from what i'm seeing. Some of the dresses I thought were a bit shapeless but others were beautiful. very nice, very interesting collection.

i like this. from what i see,seems very romantic and flirty. its totally original! :wink:

i don't get it. they look like vintage dresses. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"