Earnest Sewn Jeans

Tiny-E

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a pair of ernest sewn jeans (guys) and was wondering what people thought of them? Do they stretch out a fair bit? quality?

I have 2 pairs - women's, though - and they're great. They're stretchy, comfortable and really long - a great thing for me.

I had one pair altered to make them 'skinny' and they did it at the store, gratis. :smile:

Anyone know if there really is a diff between PDC and Earnest Sewn jeans?

Tiny-E said:
Anyone know if there really is a diff between PDC and Earnest Sewn jeans?

I find them to be pretty similar. The washes on Earnest Sewn are perhaps more subtle.

My Earnest Sewn have not stretched much, and I'm happy with the quality. But, I was happy with the quality of PDC, as well, if that helps.

thanks tang-yeah, I have an old pair or PDC and I do like them a lot, but I'm looking for a slimmer cut now.

For me, Earnest Sewn fits slightly better than PDC, and I like Earnest Sewn better because I like the wash better...

the only comment i can make is that they are quickly making their way into outlets and discount stores, so check those out first before shelling hundreds of dollars at retail. :flower:

my favorite...and i've found them at discount stores as well...

I think PDC's quality isn't quite the same as the past...I noticed tat my old pair was made in Italy and the new pair I bought is now made in the US, if tat makes a difference...the loom is still Italy tho....

I'm happy with my earnest as well, but both brands can be found "cheap" (65-75$) at their sample sales or discount stores (90$)

APC are some highly recommended denim, but mainly for skinnier folks...reasonable for the price too....

I am very happy with my earnest jeans. I found them at the Barneys outlet for $55. I am not skinny and find the fit flattering. They are very long, so if you're tall (unfortunately I am not) they should fit really well.

^ i found mine at a barneys outlet, but mine were $79 on sale. they were a skinny jean pair and they are very nice. they stretch, but not too much. the only thing for me though, is the pockets on mine go up really really high which looks weird so normally i wear a longer shirt with them. i think it might just be the way my body is though. but overall, very good jeans.

Hey everyone! =) I'm curious about the fit on their women's skinny jeans. Do they usually run true to size? Or does one have to size up or size down.... Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found them to be true to size, business of art. they don't stretch much either.

I found a pair of gray skinnies size 24 at the Barney's CoOp at Phipps in Atlanta for 49$, and I love the quality. But I'm short, I usually wear a 24S but since these were such a good price I just bought them and they're now at the seamstress. They're soft, but thick, very nice. But yes they were ridiculously long on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say they fit true to size. I had gotten a pair or straight leg jeans a couple years ago and have worn them all the time since then...and a few days ago they finally ripped in the knee. Having said that, I would say they're actually very good quality and have a good amount of stretch.

Also, could a mod edit the title of this thread? It's Earnest Sewn, right?

Did anybody make it over to the Ernest Sewn sample sale over in the MP District? I got my BF a pair of jeans for $60!!!

the only comment i can make is that they are quickly making their way into outlets and discount stores, so check those out first before shelling hundreds of dollars at retail. :flower:

Precisely. I know it's 2008, but that's very much the case nowadays.

I have found some jeans at Marshalls for $15. Not the best style or cut, but they're out there.

And I say to everybody, try Ebay! Ebay is the most overlooked site, I feel...

Yeah...I was having computer issues when I posted that previous thread on Earnest Sewn's sample sale in the Meatpacking District....it's posted three times in a row! Sort of embarrasing, but anyway, I got a pair of these for my BF and he LOVES them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->