East Asian Makeup Brands

loonaka

Reaction score
I just wanted to make a thread like this because when I was going to South Korea I had such a hard time to find tips on what to buy when it comes to cosmetics and which brands to go for that are Korean made.

Most Asian bands that they have in Europe are from Japan and they're quite expensive.

I bought a lot of different products from a lot of different brands, all Korean just to find out what was good. I love buying eyeshadows so I bought alot, and also the famous BB cream.

Korean brands I bought from was, Banila co., Etude House, Hera, VOV castledew, Missha, Faceshop and skinfood. These except for Hera I would say are all cheap brands and have there own stores except for vov castledew that are sold in phamacys and other places like that..

I haven't tried all of the items I bought but the products I've tried were great, considering the price and so on..

I really love the nailpolish from Etude House, also the BB cream from Banila co and the eyebrow kit. I know there are probably many different ways of using BB cream, but I use it as a foundation.

I know that buying products online are not the most convinient thing to do for most people, but I also know that a lot of people here at tFS are familiar with ebay and so on, so if you are curious I really recommend trying out some of these brands. B)

weloveshopping.com

musingsofamuse.com

I totally forgot about tony moly which has the best eyeliner ever^^

my pictures.
I love how pretty the cases are and how delicate everything is

I love love love the nail polish from Skinfood. I bought some nail polish from Missha which was just ok. The Skinfood nail polish was just so creamy and smooth, I really love it and they have some excellent colors.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy makeup over there because I'm not such a fan of sparkly, glittery makeup and eyeshadow.

loonaka what is the last photo? Eyeshadow by which company? It looks really nice.

I think the last eyeshadow is by etude house, but I'm not sure. I have to check when I get back home^^
I agree with you about the sparkley and glittery eyeshadows..most shadows that I saw had more white or silver shimmer than actual color, but I bought some and I really really liked the ones from Etude house. I'm such a fan..haha

I didn't try any nailpolish from Skinfood, but I will try to remember it when Im ordering stuff from gmarket.

I've heard that Missha is one of the best brands because of price and quality, and their BB cream is quite famous but I never tried it out and most of the stuff wasn't that exciting IMO^^ I always go for the pretty colors and then princess casing :rofl:

Thanks for checking, I'd love to know which company that eyeshadow is from. That's much more my type of makeup and color palette than glitter.

Yes, I heard good things about Missha's BB cream but I agree that their store wasn't that exciting. I can't keep up with what's the new BB cream over there but people swear by it. It sounds like a good lazy girl's do it all cream though (I am admittedly lazy).

Speaking of princess casing, have you seen/tried any of the Jill Stuart stuff? The packaging is so over the top in a really cute way.

I forgot to mention that I played with some of the Maquillage stuff in duty free in Hong Kong and the lipsticks were great! There was in particular this really deep rich red that I forgot to pick up.

Oh but I couldn't believe how expensive the Kate nail polish was in Beijing! It was something like the equivalent of $25 USD! Crazy!

I just checked out some of the Jill Stuart makeup and I agree with you, I can also see where VOV castledew got their inspiration :rofl:

loonaka what is the last photo? Eyeshadow by which company? It looks really nice.
Ok, I have to admit that I totally forgot about this, but the eyeshadow is from Banila co.

And I just opened a new foundation that I bought in Korea, from the brand Hera. It's pretty good. Way better than my Shiseido compact powder one, but then again, they are totally different.

I also discovered another Korean brand called Lioele. I haven't tried it out yet, but from the reviews at http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/ it looks pretty good.

You can buy there products at http://prettyandcute.com/store/index.php..please ignore the double eyelid tape..it kinda freaks me out:ninja::lol:

Also I've tried Tony Moly's eyeliner, the brown one, which looks pretty good, but I prefer a black liner, but it lasts forever on your face...and I usually end up with my eyeliner at the tip of my chin at the end of the day:innocent:

Hanskin is a really good brand for stuff like bbcream, but of course its a bit more expensive on ebay compared to brands like faceshop etc because of that:innocent:

We have a Faceshop in Vancouver, but I've never really gone inside and looked at much of the stuff.

The one thing I love are the Japanese blotting tissues. The "sticky" Clean and Clear ones you can get here are just terrible in comparison.

I know this isn't makeup, but I'm addicted to this stuff:

perfect-liquid.jpg

Ai Candy Affaire

Shiseido Perfect Liquid. It's a fantastic makeup remover and makes my skin feel so smooth and clean afterwards. The best thing is it's only about $5-6 a bottle! Much cheaper than any Shiseido stuff in North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow the packaging on this stuff is really pretty!
Just wondering what exactly is bbcream? I've heard of it but I don't know what it does...

bb cream stands for blemish balm and I would say it's a mix between a skincare product and a makeup product. It's suppose to help with scaring and bad skin..I just use it as a foundation but I do love it tho I'm not sure about what it does for my skin, but it's def not making me break out

^ The thread on bb cream can be found here
Most of the time my Korean friends give me samples:ninja:, but otherwise it can be readily bought on ebay and yestyle carries some brands I think as well...
The main thing about bb cream is that works differently for different people and you can end up reading hundreds of posts on which brands work and which ones don't etc etc and feel none the wiser because everyone seems to readily contradict each other...
As a product though, I have definitely found it works:blush:

I can send you a sample later if you want marmoset, but I have to wait till I get back to my apartment since I'm staying at my parents' house right now, but in the end of May I'll go back.
I've tried some sampled, but my favourit so far is still the banila co one.

Aww, that'll be really lovely if you could do that :smile:
Don't worry I don't mind waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"