Eczema and Other Skin Disorders

ew I have eczema. But it's barely noticeable anymore. I used to have it really badly when I was a little kid.

I get eczema in spring due to seasonal allergies I guess. I used to use the steroid creams when it got really bad, but I tried calendula cream (Jurlique's) as a maintenance or preventative thing and it hasn't flared up since then. Good thing too because eczema is EVIL

me and one of my best friends both suffer from this, me mildly, her a bit more harshly. we've found that:

-hydrocortisone etc is awful and it strips your skin
-lush products are good for eczema, especially "sympathy for the skin"
-100% shea butter helps
-she has cut out milk and drinks soy milk instead
-mine is aggravated by stress...so i try not to!
-i use "oilatum" in the shower one especially bad days

Yeah. I swear by Nivea Soft. It helps to exfoliate regularly too and then whack a load of nivea on.
Dovonex has never worked for me, it doesn't do anything except get grease everywhere.

dsq said:
from what i remember in class:

-certain foods such as eggs, wheat, soy, and fish may aggravate the condition but not always.
-go see your doctor!!

Wait, soy? I thought soy was okay & dairy products like milk aggravated eczema. I really would hate to stop drinking soy, but if it's making the situation worse than I guess it would be worth it. I'm also wondering what good having a humidifier in my room is?

Can eczema be aggrivated by excessive handwashing? That may be me.

Oatmeal baths ???

I don't know if it works for really bad eczema, but oatmeal baths are a really good way to treat itchy body rashes. If you buy organic stuff you can't get closer to 100% natural ingredients.

By the way its a dematologist recommend method to help treat those itchy children's diseases like chicken pox.

I had a bit of rash on my arms and back after travelling and it worked wonders to stop the itching. I still do them, even though the rash is gone because they leave your skin oh so soft.:blush:

Apparently Aveeno makes an oatmeal bath, but I would recommend the most natural method.
How to make one:
http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/healthissues/a/oatmealbath.htm

I suffer from eczema, and as soon as I thought I had it pretty much under control & it's beginning to vanish a bit I develop a rash on my chest area. It doesn't look like eczema, it's just red dots that aren't all bumpy or inflamed. I'm so worried, as I can't think of a thing that could have caused this. Has anybody else had this problem?

I have had psoriasis since I was 4 years old (eww) in various spots all over my body. At it's worse I had spotty patches spread out everywhere with the exception of my face (the only patches I've ever had on my face have been so small that they were not noticable, thank God!) What has worked for me to (FINALLY) be able to keep it at bay is to shower with coal tar soap and to moisturize throughly every day. The soap is the most important thing. Pine tar soap is what I initially used, but then I couldn't get hold if it and realized that coal tar works just the same. It's so ridiculous, really, that the main thing that has worked for me costs less than $3. I was ready to give up on finding anything that worked on my breakouts. It was pretty bad at that point. The red patches on my arms were very noticable. I found this stuff about two years ago, after regularly spending (well, my mom spending..) $40 for a tiny tube of cream that I would put on each patch (and it didn't work too well). Anyone with a similar skin disorder should check this stuff out. You should be able to buy it at any health food store.

My eczema used to be horrible. I had to take oatmeal baths, get wrapped up in wet bandages, etc. It is much better now, thank the Lord. I'm using Aquaphor and Eucerin, now. And I don't scratch as much.

My mother knows a woman with bad eczema and she said that diaper rash cream works very well, so she bought some for me. I'm trying it out now, I'll see how it goes.

I suffer from eczema, and as soon as I thought I had it pretty much under control & it's beginning to vanish a bit I develop a rash on my chest area. It doesn't look like eczema, it's just red dots that aren't all bumpy or inflamed. I'm so worried, as I can't think of a thing that could have caused this. Has anybody else had this problem?

I had the exact same problem for around a year. Do you have a doctor that could help you out with it? You might also want to start really paying attention to the things you eat, clothes you wear, products you use, etc. I know it can be very time consuming, but it can be worth it. Check to see if there's a pattern of when these spots come up.

Also if you do go to a doctor, don't be scared to be pushy. When I went they kept telling me it was just puberty before my mom finally said something and I was given a stronger perscription. If you haven't had an allergy test ever, or even in awhile, you might want to get one, if you can. They can be really helpful in determining what's wrong.

Mine turned out to be a combination of genetics and heat rash. Now I have a pretty strong medication that I use when I get break outs. Good luck!

Diaper rash cream worked wonders for me, as it's made specifically to be gentle on the skin.

I have sometimes to deal with some small psoriasis
mainly on my belly...

the best things to do is having more rest, sleeping well, reduce stress...

it has several factors, among them genetics (both my father and mother have it..), but being tired/or/and stressed is a big factor I think (at least to me)

I also had some problems on my face once, and doctors didn't know exactly what it was... my cheekks were all red and eaching ...
for this I take antihistaminics and it works quite well... the odd thing is that doctors don't know exactly what it is :ninja:

I have eczema. When I was little my eczema was so ridiculous! I used to have rashes all over my legs, arms, stomach and my face. I went to a dermatologist and got a cream, but it didn't work. :( One of my mom's friends suggested I try acupuncture (I was in the 2nd gade then) and it actually worked. I went to an acupuncturist twice a week for about 4 months and my eczema didn't come back until I was in the 9th grade (I had rashes all over my body again). I went to another dermatologist and got really heavy creams. I used the creams for about a week (my mom really hated the creams because they were very harsh on my skin and made my skin look very thin and dull), until all my eczema went away. Now I just use baby oil mixed with cetaphil and rub it all over my body after I take a shower. If I see any serious dry spots I use aquaphor.

I have contact dermatitis on my fingers and some patches on my arms/tummy. I just try to avoid handling stuff that I know I'm allergic to and wear gloves all the time when cooking/washing/etc.

I always make sure my skin is moisturized. I avoid using steroid creams as much as I can because when I was a kid I didn't know much about it and pretty much piled it on everytime I felt a rash coming. So my skin is now really thin and wrinkly like a 80 year old grandma's.. :(

I haven't really tried to find the connection between what I eat and my eczema, but I'm pretty sure that what I eat will reflect my skin's condition.

So I'll bring this thread back ^_^

I have psoriasis :( Mainly on my scalp which I'm using the most repulsive cream and shampoo for,but I also have small patches on my elbows. Does anybody have any tips to try to reduce the pain for either psoriasis/eczema?

What are the symptoms of eczema? I'll do some research besides here, but it would be nice if I could "hear" some real accounts from fellow tFS'ers. :blush:
I have developed some red, dry little spots on my face and I'm wondering if that's it...:( the spots only itch occasionally, but they've been there for about 6-7 weeks now, have spread a bit, and some of them are close to my one eye which is a bit worrisome.

it could be eczema but i think it's unusual to get it on your face. I've had it all my life and I've never had it their. It could be a condition called Keratosis Pilaris or something similar?

So I'll bring this thread back ^_^

I have psoriasis :( Mainly on my scalp which I'm using the most repulsive cream and shampoo for,but I also have small patches on my elbows. Does anybody have any tips to try to reduce the pain for either psoriasis/eczema?

I would recommend going to your doctor about the psoriasis on your scalp.I had on it on my scalp for years and only when i went to the doctor and realised what i had they gave me Betnovate Scalp Application and after a few putting it calmed down and the itchiness and pain went away.

Eczema and Acne

Do any of you guys have eczema and acne? What do you when you breakout(acne)? When i use the normal acne treatments my non-eczema friends use, obviously my skin just gets dried up and the eczema starts to take in. I tried the dermatologist but the cream didn't help me that well.
What do you guys use?
oh, and i take vitamin B12 pills, which helped a lot but not fully.

I would recommend going to your doctor about the psoriasis on your scalp.I had on it on my scalp for years and only when i went to the doctor and realised what i had they gave me Betnovate Scalp Application and after a few putting it calmed down and the itchiness and pain went away.

I've been to the doctor,it was him who gave me the cream and shampoo. It has subsided slightly, but the pain is still there and if anything the psoriasis is now moving furthur up me head than it was before :rolleyes: I have to go back in 2 weeks time for a check up on it anyway. This doctor is far better than my last,who gave me aqueous cream :lol: The most usuless stuff on Earth.

Do you think certain foods have anything to do with it? Cos I hear conflicting answers.

miss_lazuline-I use La Roche Posay on my face when I have psoriasis there :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->