Elie Saab F/W 10.11 Paris

When I look Elie Saab collections, I always expect to see beautiful dresses - this collection is one more collection of beautiful, classy dresses. Just what I wanted to see, so I like it!

It's lovely.
The color palette is kind of dull. But it's a lovely collection nonetheless. And lately I've had a fascination with lace, so seeing lace in this collection was a nice treat for me.
And it's a shift away from the typical Elie Saab style. If I didn't know who designed this collection, I wouldn't have thought it that it was Elie Saab.
So overall, good job, and lovely collection.

Some of the dress are so beautiful. The ones in tulle look so soft. ( I know the word is bad-chosen but i can't find a better one for the moment).

who knew elie saab could do not cheap?
i am astonished by how good this is. how strong, how un-frou-froued, how seductive...
i am not missing the baby blue organza days!!

I kinda like the direction he's going in now. Although it's nowhere near as expressive as it used to be I'm just happy he's going somewhere with his collections.
The chiffon gowns are breathtaking

I just fell in love with that black lace / burgundy dress Diana Farkhullina is wearing :crush: Overall the collection is quite boring, but there's a few nice pieces (like the chiffon dresses).

i love a lot of it...the last few chiffon like gowns are beautifulll

This makes up for all the other classless shows of the FW season. :lol:

nice work... some pieces look like Elie just reinvented from past collections, but some of them are really lovely... like especially crystal-beaded gown from final part of collection and as well lace dresses and chifon gowns... they look impressive.

it's safe, but sexier than old Saab. i quite enjoy it, mostly cause it's delicious eye candy.

the final gowns are gorgeous of course.

amazingggg
lovely
super wearable and the cutouts of those dresses, yummy and sexy
ruffles but not too much
just perfect

wow ! wow ! wow ! wow ! from first piece to last. its incredible. just right for a/w. the palette and the work its magnificient !!!

if only this collection was out a month earlier. those hollywood tards would be allll over the collection for the oscars

absolutely stunning collection, so different from the other mediocre collections with seen this season. Absolute pleasure to look at :smile:

Oooh, i love it!!

Only thing is there is waaay too much Black.....would have liked to see some more colours.

Elie Saab F/W 10 vs Christian Lacroix F/W 09

002rbr3r
00290m.jpg

Elie Saab F/W 10 vs Rodarte F/W 08
002sbdek
00300m.jpg

Elie Saab F/W 10 vs Lanvin Pre-fall 10
002rprzh
39m.jpg

style.com

Overall I see a lot of similarities to Valentino, Lanvin, Rodarte, Versace and a myriad of other designers. It's like he took a bunch of other designs and re-worked them for this collection.

I kind of love this. It feels a bit edgy for Saab but the silhouette is still super flattering and the gowns are heavenly (especially the last 3-4 in chiffon).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->