Elie Saab Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

there’s nothing new or groundbreaking Couture wise but it flows smoothly.

lovely to see Josephine LeTutour is love to see her coming back.

For me, Elie Saab is another one of those designers (like Zuhair Murad) whose collections just automatically receives my seal of approval given the fact there's always a whole bevy of flawless dresses which you can immediately envisage an Hollywood actress wearing.

The colour palette this season is flawless and I'm sat here unable to single out one standalone piece... because the whole collection is flawless! :heart:

Seems a little heavier than usual but there are a couple of beautiful looks

It’s nice, even though red carpet dressing is hardly my thing, I don’t doubt for a second that he knows his way around the atelier and knows the customer he’s trying to dress. Very unlike Kim Jones and his showcase of total ineptitude.

Somebody's gotta do the classic. And Elie Saab always does it perfectly without exception. Never change Elie.

Somebody's gotta do the classic. And Elie Saab always does it perfectly without exception. Never change Elie.

Right? It’s flattering, well made, effective and makes women (now men too) feel beautiful and glamorous. If you’re going to keep on making the same thing over and over, make sure it hits the mark and keeps the dream alive. Chanel, you’re slacking. All those ateliers and prestige could be better used.

Unfortunate he’s one of those names that’s immediately dismissed like a knee-jerk reaction, when this offering has some solidly impressive designs— very Riccardo’s Givenchy in some places, but all traditionally-beautiful in Eli's signature. But more impressive, is the astounding combination of old-world techniques used for the embellishments on some of these designs that’s a testament to the stunning craftsmanship and skilled dressmaking construction all so gorgeously flattering to the wearer. The rosebud designs I could do without, but needless to say he knows his ME clientele well. Who cares about Hollywood red carpet when these will all be eagerly scooped up by ME princesses.

The best of this are literally glittering, shimmering jewels and still look light as a feather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->