Elie Saab Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

I like Elie Saab. He is an institution and I have a real respect for this kind of very client-oriented type of Couture.
In a way, he has a lot of people to serve: royals, celebrities and a lot of women who have weddings or major events to attend next summer.

The collection is predictable but also quite beautiful. The quality is screaming through the screen…
Does it have a fashion purpose anymore, I don’t know?
But it’s definitely a « Valeur sure ».

Gorgeous pieces but I wish he had a stronger theme. I would love for him to do a same color collection like the fw09 all white one, it pushed him somewhat out of his comfort zone and did various silhouettes.

I’m sure he has some sketches of his older ideas when he was a bit more experimental, look back on them and see how you can bring them out today while keeping the signature Elie Saab expectations he‘s developed over the years.

i don't mid zuhair or elie that much. to me, they are palate-cleansers, admirably very dedicated to their niche and clientele, something i can't disparage (too much).

however, this collection is very 'mother of the bride', more matronly than youthful as his previous showings. but, people are always tweaking his base design, so maybe the wearer may give it more zest than presented here.

"Disney princesses on the red carpet" material. I hope he includes some insulin shots with every purchase.

Elie Saab has come to be a couture highlight for me, and this collection is no exception. From start to finish, each look just appears so perfectly executed, crafted and designed. The fabrics, the colour palette, the confidence of Saab himself - all absolute perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->