Elie Saab

tiffany

Reaction score
For some reason, I had never been very impressed with the collections, but on reflection they are amazing! I'm talking about both the s/s03 haute couture collection and the f/w03 collection. The cuts, the materials - everything about the dresses is amazing :woot: I am in awe :blush:

right up there with galliano's couture I think :rolleyes:

I belive there was already a topic about this pleas look in the back files. :flower:

For what it's worth, I think tiffany picked out the nicest dresses. Everything looked awful in the other thread but I think that was because I saw all the looks bunched up. Note to self: Don't let a bunch of bad apples spoil a couple of good ones.

i never saw the elie saab so i am glad you reposted them...i love all of it!!!!

Originally posted by Atelier@Dec 8th, 2003 - 4:45 pm
For what it's worth, I think tiffany picked out the nicest dresses. Everything looked awful in the other thread but I think that was because I saw all the looks bunched up. Note to self: Don't let a bunch of bad apples spoil a couple of good ones.
thanks :flower: that's mainly why I didn't like the collections either - well until now. I saw it all at once and I thought it was tacky. But then I got to see the individual dresses and was very impressed with some of them :smile:

ur welcome lele! glad you liked them too

i just went to the sight just yesterday and they only post so many dresses but they are pretty and i would wear them. i loved the collection. it was lovely.

Couture should be all about original and new ideas.. reason why Versace and it's copy-cat Elie Saad should be asked to leave. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Dec 9th, 2003 - 3:21 am
Couture should be all about original and new ideas.. reason why Versace and it's copy-cat Elie Saad should be asked to leave. :rolleyes:
lol some things are reminiscent of older ideas, but I think the clothes are appealing :smile: but ur right, that is what couture has always, and should always be about : new ideas

I don't really understand why the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (French fashion's governing body) invited Versace to show Haute Couture in Paris. He takes ideas from everyone, understood what he was ripping off, and coated it in bright, beaded iconography and gold Orton mesh so that when it came out again no one could ignore it. His designed Pop Art dresses when Yves Saint Laurent's Mondrian Dresses and even Warhol's paper screen dresses got there first by 20 years ago or so. Rubberised minidresses channel Pierre Cardin; oversized, asymmetrical men's suits recall Yamamoto. His skintight leathers? Purely Alaia. Even Versace's revival of ruching for S/S 1997 - a trend that still doesn't show signs of stopping - can be traced to the classical draperies of Madame Gres. Versace tooks fashion's greatest hits, pumped them up, and gave them immediacy by linking them to a parade to famous bodies.

That kind of work cannot definetly be Haute Couture. It's all about originality and new ideas. :flower:

elie z one of the best fashion designers in the middle east...n he had a big hit esp. after halle wore the dress he designed =)

halle.jpg

i was planning to let him do my wedding dress...but i saw a better wedding dresses lines while i was in lebanon :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->