Harpers Bazaar (US) May 2003
The King Of Curves
Photography by Patrick Demarchelier
Elise Crombez

:o :o :o

i love her! so cool B) what a great editorial thanx astrid :kiss:

she looks hot in alaia! i dont have that bazzar :doh:

Wow indeed! I love black and white editorials! :heart: :woot:

Wow very dramatic! A really good editorial, one of the better ones I've seen in a while too. Thank you! :flower:

:shock: Great editorial!

She looks so cool,although normally I don't really like her face :woot:

:ninja: i dont think her 'innocense' fits the Alaia look, she looks like a kid dressing up, sorry, does nothing for me, they needed a more 'sexy' model for this edito :doh:

I like those clothes, but I agree with Lena that her face doesn't match somehow. But what do I know :blush:

Ick, soooo tired of the "sexy" models. :neutral:

IMO, the editorial looks good with Elise because they kind of contradict each other. She's a little 'quirky' and Alaïa is known for being 'sexy'. I think it's an interesting mix. Also, I would wear Alaïa and I'm so not Stephanie Seymour.
:lol:

stephanie seymour is not sexy, she's is just cheap-ish and sooo very ancient..

by sexy, i dont mean in a cheap way, just more 'woman-ly' anyway, I hope i did not offended anyone with my post here :flower: :ninja:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :rolleyes: I think Stephanie has a beautiful face. I used her as an example because she's an Alaïa woman. But, all Alaïa women don't have to look like her. That was the point I was trying to get across. I think Elise does look womanly. I guess it's just the type of woman you yourself are. :flower:

i think the face should always be as interesting as the clothes.
thats why i think this editorial worked-imo-

It looks okay. Elise and Alaia, indeed, intresting mix, Astrid. I so rather see it on a quirky model than an ancient '80's or early '90's model, please I had enough of them Esp. Naomi! :wink:

Also isn't the dress on the first set of picuters, down right, the dress that J.Lo wore to the Gigli premiere? :wink:

I've thought before about this

every woman MUST look womanly, just for the fact that she is a woman!
as if i'm saying, "this dog looks dogly" or something. and not all dogs have the same features, no!

Originally posted by Kelsey@Jul 30th, 2003 - 11:14 pm
I've thought before about this

every woman MUST look womanly, just for the fact that she is a woman!
Word.

Originally posted by Kelsey@Jul 31st, 2003 - 12:14 am
as if i'm saying, "this dog looks dogly" or something. and not all dogs have the same features, no!
:lol:

She has a wonderful face, very beautiful and interesting-I'm a huge fan of "different" looks. I personally think she would work better with simpler clothes, which would put more emphasis on her interesting features :heart:

Thanks for the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->