Elite Model Look 2014

Beauty idol changes every year. Once the market likes boyish type of girls, once tall blondes... and etc. But Barbora is beautiful, anybody can´t say she is not. And this will never change. Beautiful girls will be always working and they can work until they are 40 years old. :smile:

facebook- elite model look international

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. I get so disappointed.

I understand what they're looking for but why does it always have to be so predictable in terms of who they choose to win every year.

Congrats to Barbora! I'll probably come around :flower:

It's not so much about Barbora herself - she is beautiful, looks good on the runway, and there could've been far worse winners than her. But there could've been so much better winners, as well. What dissappoints me is not only the overall quality of the Top 15 candidates, but especially the lack of diversity (1 asian and 1 black out of 15). And with so many wonderful contestants of varied ethnicities, the final result is infuriating. It's unforgivable and unacceptable. (I realize I might be sounding a little too passionate about this, but COME. ON.)

She was my favourite and obvious winner IMO. So classic but still so fresh. She's the very girl EML looks for. I think she will defy the past 3 or so winners and actually do well :heart:

We had such good Asian girls this year.

I don't understand Awa not making it into top-10.

Barbora is pretty - but more pretty-boring.

i get why they would choose barbora - sure she is beautiful, and she's the perfect candidate to not ruffle any feathers within the politics of the elite model management community, meaning that despite being a "global" chain modeling agency, elite in my eyes will always be a european-based agency: it started in europe, so despite expanding throughout asia, africa, and the americas, the look will always cater to a european market.

i thought maybe someone like awa could have come in and changed the system. she was constantly featured on their instagram feed and by far had the most likes on facebook, so i thought she was a shoe-in for being a finalist at least. they had a wonderful group of diverse looking boys and girls this year, so in terms of the overall contest, i guess i am disappointed that the "look" was very much the standard textbook "look".

i'm rambling, so maybe some of this doesn't make sense. i just wanted to vent my frustrations because i've followed this contest for many many years (since the 90s) and have liked many contestants, but have maybe only liked a handful of winners. best of luck to barbora :flower:

Nigeria has been pretty consistent. I hope they'll be recognised soon with a win!

Alexandra (Romania) or Laura (Austria) are my winners.

Especially Alexandra who has such an intense look.

I just don't get the criterias how they are choosing the winners for the past 3 years.

And just like last year's winner - I doubt that we will see a lot of work from her.

For me EML should be a huge boost to the winner so she really becomes global.

And does wnybody know if it is true that top-10 girls all got contracts?

As usual, all of our hopes for diversity were shattered again :judge: Not a single Latina or Asian made it and why only top 10? Lots of promising faces like Taiwan, Korea, Chile, Cote d'Ivoire & Serbia, in the end, they were ignored

Another interesting fact was the exclusion of France :shock: They always make it in the finals, I guess there's a first time for everything no? That makes Denmark the only country never to miss the top 15 :ninja:

On the bright side, Barbora is better than last year's winner :magic: But come on, Czech Republic again? :lol:

I can't wait for 2015 already, until next time! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like they went for a Top 10 instead this year.... :huh:

PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE WINNERS OF THE 31st EML WORLD FINAL!!
The Women Models Top 10 :
LAURA / AUSTRIA
SELMA / BOSNIA
BARBORA / CZECH REPUBLIC (WINNER)
NINA / DENMARK
PLACIDA / HUNGARY
GRETA / ITALY
IRINA / MONTENEGRO
MAYOWA / NIGERIA
ALEXANDRA / ROMANIA
GABRIELLA / UNITED KINGDOM
The Male Models Top 5 :
SERGE / AUSTRIA
JOSEF / CZECH REPUBLIC
JAMES / ITALY (WINNER)
JEONGWOO / KOREA
RAPHAEL / SWITZERLAND

Source: Elite Model Look International Facebook

I am kind of loving Selma.

Totally didn't notice her before.

Alexandra is still my winner.

BTW - Can smb list fashion-spot pages for male-finalists (of top-15, I know James has one but what about others?)

Vogue Italia January 2015
'New Generation of Talents'
Photographer: Rosi Di Stefano
Models: Alexandra Micu, Barbora Podzmikova, Greta Varlese, James Parker, Jeong Woo Kim & Mayowa Nicholas
Make-up: Kim Printemps
Styling: Sara Maino
Hair: Sheridan Ward

imcmagazine via poison84

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"