Elle Canada June 2020 : Sandra Oh by Greg Swales

Finally, a fresh face on magazine covers! And she looks chic from the shoulders up. That dress is too much. Is it Vuitton or Prada? Only they would dare to create such monstrosities.

I love Sandra, will never say a no to her. The styling on the other hand isn’t that gorgeous.

That dress is a choice, but it’s a beautiful picture nonetheless.

Sandra totally pulls it off! She looks magnificent.

Oh wow, this is stunning! I don’t mind the Gucci look one bit because Sandra has the confidence to pull it off. How she isn’t getting more mainstream attention in the US is beyond me.

I bet she hates the styling as well. It looked better on Gugu on the Bazaar UK cover, but only because it was more cropped.

The styling was definitely a choice. The dress is bad enough but I guess it just wasn't enough so they added the gloves too. Lmao. Sandra does look great and it's a nice photo otherwise.

SANDRA OH IS IN A LEAGUE OF HER OWN (HQ)
Photographer: Greg Swales
Stylist: Patrick Vimbor
Hair: Jenny Cho
Make-Up: Kara Yoshimoto Bua
Model/Celebrity: Sandra Oh

ellecanada.com

Wow how did they not translate the styling from the gorgeous editorial to the cover? They could have had a slam dunk!

I love Sandra with all my heart and I love this cover + ed. Can't wait to buy this issue!

Oh this is beautiful! A breath of fresh air

She needs more covers, she’s always been glorious and wears fashion so well.

I can only assume those gloves are present on the cover for safety and hygiene reasons because I refuse to believe someone believed they were a strong styling decision.

Dumb-looking Gucci mess aside, she looks very nice on the cover— shades of Michelle Yeoh. And admittedly, the 2 last shots of gowns in motion are nice, but hardly swoonworthy: Anyone could have shot such dramatics, and I guess that sort of the plain aesthetic of a random, spontaneous snap that unintentionally captured a decent moment is the allure. But the fact that it took a team of so-called professionals to produce this is just pathetic. And ELLE Canada is that rag that they give away at shops but no one keeps it and it ends up littering the seats at shopping centres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->