First Place

Photographer: Norman Wong
Stylist: Juliana Schiavinatto
Hair: Janet Jackson :lol::lol:
Makeup: Leslie Ann Thomson
Cast: Winnie Harlow, Stephan James

Elle Canada Digital Edition

Last edited:
Omg if THE Janet Jackson was the hairstylist I’d literally die, too funny!

Editorial is okay but the cover is beautiful, wow.

I do love the cover, but I have to say the editorial reminds me a whole lot of the "Love in Harlem" editorial from US Vogue's January issue this year. Both feature the actor Stephan James as the male half of a romantic duo, include 70s inspired styling, and are notably shot in a historically black neighborhood of a major city.

I do love the cover, but I have to say the editorial reminds me a whole lot of the "Love in Harlem" editorial from US Vogue's January issue this year. Both feature the actor Stephan James as the male half of a romantic duo, include 70s inspired styling, and are notably shot in a historically black neighborhood of a major city.

Can't deny that. It's sad that this photographer saw the need to do a copied version of Tyler Mitchell (of all photographers!) for Elle Canada's September issue. Would have been an excellent opportunity for him to present something unique. Not familiar with his signature, but some of his past work looks interesting.

Do like the cover image, but the 3rd editorial shot seems a better cover try. And maybe a story set entirely against that beige backdrop would have been better too.

This would have been nice but there's something about the filters that doesn't connect with the story.

Can't deny that. It's sad that this photographer saw the need to do a copied version of Tyler Mitchell (of all photographers!) for Elle Canada's September issue. Would have been an excellent opportunity for him to present something unique. Not familiar with his signature, but some of his past work looks interesting.

Do like the cover image, but the 3rd editorial shot seems a better cover try. And maybe a story set entirely against that beige backdrop would have been better too.

there's a chance that this could be Creative Director's /Elle Team's idea and the photographer had not seen the Vogue US editorial. don't blame him just yet

Goodbye Girl

Photographer: Brent Goldsmith
Stylist: Juliana Schiavinatto
Hair: Kirsten Klontz
Makeup: Nicolas Blanchet
Cast: Meghan Collison

Elle Canada Digital Edition

The Clash

Photographer: D.Picard
Stylist: Jay Forest
Hair: Steven Turpin
Makeup: Nicolas Blanchet