Elle France December 11, 2020 : The 75th Anniversary Issue by Gilles Bensimon

Benn98

Reaction score

Covers I could spot:

Jane Birkin with Lou Doillon and Charlotte Gainsbourg (KILL ME NOW!)
Isabelle Huppert and Lolita Chammah
Isabelle Adjani and Lola Adjani (why not Adjani and Huppert on the same cover, the tension alone would be epic :lol:)
Estelle Lefebure with Emma and Ilona Smet
Leila Slimani and Christiane Taubira
Elle McPherson with her hot boys, Flynn and Cy Busson

It may reek of nepotism, but I like the idea of showing different generations as a way to celebrate a 75th anniversary.

However the end result is all terribly unexciting. You have Gilles Bensimon and you let him shoot with a boring white studio background???

I can remember buying the 50th anniversary issue which had different covers of Vanessa Paradis... the only thing the sight of this issue is doing for me is making me wonder what I've done with the intervening 25 years of my life.

This will sell like hot cakes in seconds. These women are incredibly popular in France and for different generations of people. I don't mind the cover but it looks very dry and sad somehow, I don't feel the anniversary vibe at all either in the styling nor in the poses or mood of these women. Just basic and boring. Let's see what the other 6 covers bring.

i feel like i've seen the birking/gainsbourg/doillon cover a hundred times before, with the exception of this one looking a hundred times worse. did they have like 5 minutes for the production? it must have been the circumstances around covid-19, because their covers are usually quite lovely, no?

Got a copy of this today, and in comparison to their previous anniversary issues, this is a complete non-event. I wouldn't say the page count is that much bigger than normal, and it has nil fashion content, just lots of articles.

I buy anniversary issues for the features where old covers get reprinted, and there are two or three short articles which do this - but in general, if you can't get hold of this issue, you're not missing out on anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseabrewer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->