Elle France February 28, 2020 : Carla Bruni, Riccardo Tisci & Bella Hadid by Mark Seliger

Looks like they're attending someone's wake. A waste of Bella.

Who told Tisci he has the looks or charisma to be stealing cover space from actual models or people of interest. Ego off the rails.

It’s a great cover and I guess it’s good for Burberry even if this kind of cover reinforce the international aspect of his work. I mean his Burberry is not the epitome of British style.

Who told Tisci he has the looks or charisma to be stealing cover space from actual models or people of interest. Ego off the rails.
He has....Just saying!
Plus, he has a very good personality... The most exposed are not necessarly the ones with the most ego. Confidence and ego are not the same...

He has....Just saying!
Plus, he has a very good personality... The most exposed are not necessarly the ones with the most ego. Confidence and ego are not the same...

I guess personality, looks, and charisma are all subjective, so I can’t argue on that front. I personally don’t think he’s doing anything terribly interesting at Burberry (in my eyes, he’s devalued the brand) and an established designer doing press tours could mean the clothes don’t speak for themselves! I don’t think a designer seeking the spotlight is *always* a vain ego trip but *often* I think it is, especially if it’s a pattern. I don’t think Tom Ford or Marc Jacobs would disagree! This is the 2nd time this month that Tisci has shown up on a cover alongside a model(s), cheapening the image with his frozen visage,

Last edited:
Idk why but it bothers me so much that Bella's head is cut off on the cover. :lol:

^^That Burberry paycheck (or ad spend) must have been real good for them to print this as a cover. How it would entice anyone to actually buy the magazine and perhaps the clothes...that baffles me.

It's so bad I feel like it could almost be that meme...if you can't handle me at my (insert cover), you don't deserve me at my (see thirst trap below)

Last edited:

RICCARDO TISCI: CARLA BELLA ET MOI
Photographer:
Mark Seliger
Stylist: Brune De Margerie
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-Up: Fulvia Farolfi
Designer/Models: Riccardo Tisci, Carla Bruni & Bella Hadid

Elle France Digital Edition

Elle France - 28 February 2020

Pile Mon Style

Photographer: Marc De Groot
Stylist: Chloe Dugast
Hair: Paolo Ferreira
Makeup: Lloyd Simmonds
Manicure: Jinyoung Chun
Cast: Odette Pavlova, Noemie Abigail, Irina Kravchenko, Alide Gaudry

Elle France Digital Edition

I don't mind the sight of designers on the covers of magazines but this is an eyesore, and not a pixel on Riccardo's recent stint for those beautiful Vogue Korea covers with Rianne van Rompaey. A total waste of doppelgängers Carla Bruni and Bella Hadid being shot alongside one another!

It was better years ago for Dazed. Too corporate for me.

Otherwise I don't mind designers on covers. They are here to sell their clothes. If being on covers can help, so be it.

I'm loving this revival of Carla.

I guess personality, looks, and charisma are all subjective, so I can’t argue on that front. I personally don’t think he’s doing anything terribly interesting at Burberry (in my eyes, he’s devalued the brand) and an established designer doing press tours could mean the clothes don’t speak for themselves! I don’t think a designer seeking the spotlight is *always* a vain ego trip but *often* I think it is, especially if it’s a pattern. I don’t think Tom Ford or Marc Jacobs would disagree! This is the 2nd time this month that Tisci has shown up on a cover alongside a model(s), cheapening the image with his frozen visage,
At that stage and the stakes involved...The clothes cannot only speak for themselves. That’s why when you accept to be at the helm of big brand, you kinda have to accept when your PR tells you have a shooting appointment for a magazine and that a lot of money in adverstising has been put for that.

That’s how you have a Nicolas Ghesquiere always on the covers of the magazines. LVMH are known to push their designers and Burberry’s current CEO used to be at LVMH.

And about someone like Nicolas...His ego was at it fullest when he was at Balenciaga, building that image of the elusive designer and doing shows with only 100 people. He started to touch the ground again at Vuitton because it’s a place where the brand is more important than you...despite the fact that his bosses are happy with what he is delivering.

But you are on your right to not appreciate that. I just don’t like the idea that maxi-exposure= big egos. Hedi has an enormous ego...He is like what Tom Ford used to be at Gucci, the kind of designer who never doubt and who is never apologetic about it. And he is not so much exposed as Riccardo. But being elusive is a strategy that works for him as it create mystique and conversation.

The styling on Riccardo's cover is terrible.

Replace his head with Kanye's and it would be a Kanye look. Terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->