Elle France November 5, 2021 : Catherine Deneuve by Nico Bustos

No thank you!
As for the art direction, why is it curving with her hair?

I think they perhaps wanted to go against Vogue France with Aya and them with a legend.

She's probably been on the cover of French Elle about a hundred times before, always giving the same interview - but I don't own any of those previous issues, so I'd have no hesitation buying this.

Reactions: clo
Beautiful portrait. Unconventional, fierce. It challenges the notion of fashion magazine cover, or at least what is commonly expected (and supplied). When you work with a true icon, there is so much you can do without. Deneuve brings everything a photograph needs to be great: charisma. Smart of Nico to lose the usual discourse and just let the legend do the talking. Quintessentially French, and I love it.

Elle France November 05, 2021

Catherine Deneuve La Superbe

Photography: Nico Bustos
Styling: Barbara Loison
Hair: Jean-Claude Gallon
Makeup: Christophe Danchaud
Cast: Catherine Deneuve

Elle France Digital Edition

Elle France November 05, 2021

Ski Is No Limit

Photography: Oliviero Toscani
Styling: Benedetta Dell'Orto
Hair: Roberto Pagnini
Makeup: Arianna Campa
Models: Polina, Jamile De Lima Silva

Elle France Digital Edition

Oliviero :woot:! I just got my daily intake of vitamins (and nostalgia) simply by looking at this editorial. Jumps, colors, and chaotically worn clothes: why not.

Reactions: clo
Oliviero :woot:! I just got my daily intake of vitamins (and nostalgia) simply by looking at this editorial. Jumps, colors, and chaotically worn clothes: why not.

Then make sure to check out Elle Italia's latest issue in the Elle Worldwide thread for some additional images, as this appears to be a shared editorial between the two editions this week!

Then make sure to check out Elle Italia's latest issue in the Elle Worldwide thread for some additional images, as this appears to be a shared editorial between the two editions this week!
Thanks for the heads-up :flower:! The Elle Italia layout brings quite something to the table, not to mention the extra shots, of course. I need to catch up on the latest issues, starting with the Elisa cover. I have the digital subscription, and both Elle Italia and France tend to pile up sometimes. Then comes the odd weekend when I basically do nothing but Elle binge-read. Yes. I live on the edge :lol:.

I'm tired of these French actresses that always have the same styles, hair, and poses, every time they appear on the magazine's covers. Can they at least do something fun and exciting for a chance?

The skiing editorial looks like a budget VP one. From the styling, models, and photographer. Maybe they should book Alt, she can be unimaginable but she does know how to sell you a skiing editorial.

Oliviero Toscani's story is giving me straight up Rianne van Rompaey and Malika Louback by Carlijn Jacobs from Vogue Paris' October 2020 issue - and I'm not complaining. Elle France... our new Vogue Paris.

The cover itself is beautiful, always loved the sight of Catherine Deneuve and this is no exception. The opening shot of Deneuve in the red Saint Laurent blazer is utterly gorgeous, and gives me more than what both current issues of British and French Vogue are offering this month.

Thanks a million, @[B]aracic[/B]! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->