Elle France October 30, 2020 : Kamala Harris by Celeste Sloman

As a french and living in Paris, that's a pretty bold move because she really not know at all, and the black woman story doesn't matter since racism and race is very taboo here, like french people are still into Obama Trump lol, and his picture is nice but look to campaign like where is the fashion? And the American flag is to match its an overdose with all the text on the cover. But nice try

At this point, it's almost silly and unfair how Melania not only did not get her own Vogue US cover (while being the FLOTUS, I know about the old one), but no monumental journalistic feature about her was done by women's magazines like French Elle and others.
On the other hand, Kamala is getting all the press, while not she's not even elected yet. I know their positions differ, one is a first lady - just a title, the other is a politician - active profession, but they are both relevant political figures, so I believe the comparison is still legit.

I'd go out and buy a magazine with Melania on the cover the second it appear on the newsstands. The woman remained a mystery, regardless of her affiliation. I'd love to learn more about her.
It’s not silly or unfair. She is just not popular or loved. She’s not inspirational. People don’t look up to her. She’s complicit. She’s married to Trump.

It’s not an Apples VS Oranges comparison but I still find it odd how this American-centric cover subject gets a pass because apparently the french looks up to American politics but when Edward decided to feature subjects that are more ubiquitous in American media like Oprah, he gets scrutinized and deemed too Americanized. :rolleyes:

Kamala is hardly the only female politician in power worth covering. What about Jacinda Ardern? Or Tsai Ing-Wen? Both of whom have actually done something significant throughout their tenure especially when it comes to the handling of the Covid-19 pandemic in their respective countries.
Tsai would never want it but I do think she deserved it more than others. I always admires the fact that she has the integrity for her country and people, whereas the situation is quite different for her unless those communist/dictatorship propaganda suddenly stopped in the west.

It’s not an Apples VS Oranges comparison but I still find it odd how this American-centric cover subject gets a pass because apparently the french looks up to American politics but when Edward decided to feature subjects that are more ubiquitous in American media like Oprah, he gets scrutinized and deemed too Americanized.

This is a magazine doing something with its cover for one week when the rest of the year it's centred on France. That's fifty issues when it's not about America. And it's a womens magazine with a more general news remit rather than being a pure fashion magazine like other editions of Elle, never mind Vogue.

It’s not silly or unfair. She is just not popular or loved. She’s not inspirational. People don’t look up to her. She’s complicit. She’s married to Trump.

That's exactly what I want to read and know about. Who is she, what does she stands for. Is she good, is she bad. I want an enjoyable, high-quality objective piece about the most important first lady in the world followed by an epic cover image, at leasr done by a society magazine like Elle France, Vanity Fair, Tatler or an even bigger publication.
The issue with today's society is that it's extremely polarizing, so good journalism that should both inform and entertain you is almost gone due to the fear of being cancelled. Imagine what would the Twitter or Instagram community do to VF if they ran such a thing.

That's exactly what I want to read and know about. Who is she, what does she stands for. Is she good, is she bad. I want an enjoyable, high-quality objective piece about the most important first lady in the world followed by an epic cover image, at leasr done by a society magazine like Elle France, Vanity Fair, Tatler or an even bigger publication.
The issue with today's society is that it's extremely polarizing, so good journalism that should both inform and entertain you is almost gone due to the fear of being cancelled. Imagine what would the Twitter or Instagram community do to VF if they ran such a thing.

Don’t worry. E! would probably pick up a Keeping Up with the Kardashians-like show produced by Ryan Seacrest that centers around her or the Trumps in general. These attention whores would never go away soon even if he loses the presidency. As much as Trump tells the world that he hates Hollywood’s liberal elites, deep down, he still wants to be validated by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->