Elle France September 28, 2023 : Keiona by Philippe Jarrigeon

WOW! Keiona's truly unstoppable now! She deserves this.
I think she's the only Drag Race contestant who has never placed below win or high
in a season. She's also the first Black winner outside the US franchise.

WOW! Keiona's truly unstoppable now! She deserves this.
I think she's the only Drag Race contestant who has never placed below win or high
in a season. She's also the first Black winner outside the US franchise.

Exactly. She is the contestant with the best track record ever counting all franchises!

Love that from Elle ! It is glamour and bold. Unusual cover star for this publication. Not sure how it will be received by their readers but love that they pushing the boundaries yet still true to themselves.

This is major!
I mean Drag Race was aired on prime time public television and it was a success apparently but ELLE is really huge!
A real risk! And all over the country, in province and all…
This is the kind of needed celebratory and yet controversial covers that I like. It will shake the table and it’s super glamorous..

Lovely and energetic cover! Bold of Elle France, but in a way Elle France has always been socially conscious with articles and content about current society.

I know there's a current resurgence worldwide against anything like this, but can anyone from France tell me how things have been over there? I don't have a very clear picture. Thanks.

Yay! This is major indeed. When they said on the show the winner would get an Elle cover, I assumed it would be for a supplement or digital cover but seeing she got the real, in store, magazine cover is fantastic. What a star.

Their cover story from a fortnight ago was a major French actress talking about her experience of child sexual abuse, Elle France does not shy away from featuring cultural topics.

Here I go again about my vintage Elle magazine addiction, but even in issues from the 1960s (I have a few collections issues from the 50s and those don't have time to go into social issues) and I was really surprised to learn about how they were covering all sorts of cultural and educational topics for their readers. I have one issue that literally has photos of a heart transplant!!

For decades, we had magazines that each had their own niche - you could buy Elle France and read about general issues combined with a generous side order of fashion, and you could buy Vogue Paris with its laser focus on high fashion and society with the occasional discussion of other themes, each of them doing their own thing.

Now we have Vogue trying to be full of social consciousness but lacking the depth - and the history - of prioritising these angles and how to communicate them to readers in non-patronising ways, all the while neglecting what was their own special selling point - the provision of fashion content on the highest of levels. Elle France continues to be Elle France, while Vogue diminishes by the month with its identity crisis and lack of content.

For decades, we had magazines that each had their own niche - you could buy Elle France and read about general issues combined with a generous side order of fashion, and you could buy Vogue Paris with its laser focus on high fashion and society with the occasional discussion of other themes, each of them doing their own thing.

This reminds me of a quote that was in the Vogue Paris: 100 Years book: "Vogue Paris was a fashion magazine, not a lifestyle magazine. The result was a detachment from reality that not only made these images more alluring, but also lent them a mystical status. It can therefore be said that although these Vogue Paris shoots were emblematic of their time, they did not reflect it, or at most did so in a minor way."

When I go through my vintage Vogue Paris issues, I almost feel like I'm transported to another planet. It is total fantasy. With vintage Elle France it feels like I have a better understanding of "the times" it was published in. Elle France knows exactly what it is and there is a lot of strength in that, when so many publications are trying to be everything to every one.

Unfamiliar with the subject but a cover with great energy. Just what you come to expect from Elle France as always.

Keiona is super simple and super camp. I love how the last look is a menswear look from YSL that totally works for Keiona the persona and that could have worked for the man behind the persona.

Allure d’envergure is flawless. From the title to the ed itself…
Quite fabulous! Sometimes something as simple as that is enough!

I must be the minority here but am not digging that cover, the L and the pose just dont work for a cover, maybe a closer crop would have been better. The editorial is not any better though I love the pic where she's swinging her hair in the tartan jacket and the close up int he white shirt. The white brows ruined the other shots. Caren's ed is chic and simple, love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evangelista1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->