Elle - Worldwide

Elle Norway April 2009 : Kate Winslet

sgsh9g.jpg

elle.no

i love kate's cover! wooahh great eye make-up (hmm tacky.. BUT strong)

some features from the mag on SA trendsetters

april-feature-01.jpg

NINA MILNER
MODEL/ACTRESS

a South African resident who will always be a Sardinian dresser "The islanders dress so practically and authentically. And when in doubt, they wear white."
Adores Christian Louboutin shoes "I have duplicates of certain pairs."
current obsession "Moonbags"
favourite items in her cupboard "A secondhand bright pink raw silk 'Barbie-like' dress and a boiled wool Lunar wrap-sleeve top."
favourite piece of couture "My really old unravelling Yves Saint Laurent jersey, which I bought on a set for R300."
style signature "I just wear clothes, not outfits."

april-feature-02.jpg

LUCILLA BOOYZEN
SOUTH AFRICAN FASHION WEEK CONVENER

her look "Clothes that are cut with very special cloth; soft fabric and clever, well executed design. On the other hand I also love the opulence of fashion - the glamour, the silver, the gold."
loves dressing up "I usually start with a final look in mind and then work my way towards achieving it. The process is where the pleasure lies."
pet hate "Pink lipstick on anybody over 20."
she doesn’t "do" daring.
longest lasting item in her wardrobe "A black bodysuit that I did gymnastics in as a student."
favourite heirloom "a Chinese shawl from my husband’s grandmother - it’s hand embroidered, antique and black."

april-feature-03.jpg

NDUMI MATIWANE
CAPE TOWN FASHION COUNCIL ADMINISTRATOR

her style "Intuitive. I just go with what I feel, I don’t find my clothes, they find me."
current fashion fetish "Men’s trousers from Boma and bright nail varnish. Right now I’m hunting down any shade of yellow or blue."
shops by herself and mostly at the Salvation Army.
her style inspiration "My mother. I found a photo album of her circa 1980, which is one of my most prized possessions. "
favourite designers "Dean and Dan Caten for D2squared, their clothes are so much fun."
can’t bring herself to throw anything away "I like finding new ways of wearing old clothes."
most generous fashion forfeit "I had a vintage Karl Lagerfeld dress which I gave to my friend as a birthday present."
her icons "Diana Ross and Donna Summer, all the ladies with afros."
favourite heirloom "A peach, long, floor-length dress with balloon sleeves that used to belong to my mother."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->