Elliptical Trainer

Originally posted by nora@Jul 10th, 2003 - 12:25 am
well I hate to admit this since you all think she is so vulgar and ugly, but I find that I have "athletic" looking or "britney-like" legs. i can't really help it...i've always been a medium build in that way. I could lose maybe five pounds, but really, honestly, I'm not fat. I think if someone were describing me they would say i was "fit" before they would call me "thin", though they'd nevercall me chubby in any way. i'm curvier and more muscular i guess. And I don't use weights on my legs...just walk ALOT and exercise a bit. i've always had very defined calves, also...not really big, but very toned whether or not i exercise. so i guess you guys would think i am hideous. oh well, i suppose, be glad you don't have to look in the mirror and see me.

nora
The reason many people on this site think Britney is vulgar and ugly has to do with a lot of things...her attitude, her career choices, her music/singing voice, her often disasterous fashion "experiments." You are not Britney and therefore no one is calling you ugly, whether you're muscular or skinny or weigh 300 pounds. I'm sorry if you were offended by any posts, but I and everyone else can assure you it's nothing personal! :flower:

oh nora! no, no, no!!! i didn't mean to offend you or suggest that anyone is fat simply b/c they have more of a muscular cut to their bodies. women are beautiful period. all sizes and shapes. and truly, i think there are many who would love to have a body like yours. maybe we're so critical of poor, little britney b/c we're all jealous of rock hard body! love you nora!!! :heart:

Originally posted by nora@Jul 9th, 2003 - 8:25 pm
well I hate to admit this since you all think she is so vulgar and ugly, but I find that I have "athletic" looking or "britney-like" legs. i can't really help it...i've always been a medium build in that way. I could lose maybe five pounds, but really, honestly, I'm not fat. I think if someone were describing me they would say i was "fit" before they would call me "thin", though they'd nevercall me chubby in any way. i'm curvier and more muscular i guess. And I don't use weights on my legs...just walk ALOT and exercise a bit. i've always had very defined calves, also...not really big, but very toned whether or not i exercise. so i guess you guys would think i am hideous. oh well, i suppose, be glad you don't have to look in the mirror and see me.

nora
I have her legs too. I got them from my dad's side of the family. I was born with them. But I am careful when I work out to make sure that I do not use weights (well at least large ones) on my legs.

definitely - they say some of the best workouts can come from an elliptical trainer.

If you don't feel like you're getting a workout, chances are you're probably not - my suggestion: step it up a notch. Once you get your heart going, you'll feel the workout - but in a good, calorie-burning way. B)

Originally posted by LLaura+Jul 10th, 2003 - 3:02 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LLaura @ Jul 10th, 2003 - 3:02 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-nora@Jul 9th, 2003 - 8:25 pm

nora
I have her legs too. I got them from my dad's side of the family. I was born with them. But I am careful when I work out to make sure that I do not use weights (well at least large ones) on my legs. [/b][/quote]
yep -

I've got her legs. In fact, I've got her whole build. Sometimes I'm happy about it, other times I'm not, because the first place my fat goes is my tummy. Ugh. It's the worst.

But my legs will never be super slender, it's just not in my build. I have pretty good leg muscles, but sometimes wish they were more thin. :rolleyes:

Never satisfied!

ok.. i have been using the eliptical for about 2 weeks now.. and i have noticed some differences. but does anyone know if it is more effective than the treadmill? i am really curious.. and i never really step it up.. I just push "Quick Workout" every time and do that for an hour. and how do i know if i really lose the amount of calories that it says i do? is there a chart or anything?

oh, it works. just as effective as a treadmill, if not, more effective. i love it. its easier to stay on it longer, i think, rather than a treadmill. very engaging. i have definetly noticed more tone in my legs thanks to it!!!! <3

^^^thanks.. i have to agree with you. i believe i shedded a few pounds because my hip bones are protruding more! hahaha.. and i love your avatar.

funny this question popped up..
i was just questioning a girlfriend of mine yesterday..
because i hear rave reviews about this machine, and everytime i use it, i feel like i might as well be standing still...!
i love the treadmill, or running outside, but every now and then i switch it up and use the elliptical... i dont feel the results but i guess you do see them.... just such a difference to running.. you really dont 'feel' the workout...
i have heard nothing but good things about it, though.. so i will stick with it...
good to know you're all out there noticing the same thing...!

yeah.. it's funny.. the woman on the treadmill beside me is running vigorously.. and i'm just crusin' through on the eliptical shedding about 200 more calories.. but who knows if that is accurate!

i am the same way...!
only i am usually the woman sweating it out on the treadmill....lol

finally i had so many women looking at me and swearing by this elliptical that i gave it a shot..
i'm still old-fashioned in a sense, when it comes to working out..
i need to FEEL it to believe its making a difference..
the heavy breathing and aching muscles let me know something must be working..!

but the gentle workout of the elliptical is a nice change...
a little like a yoga/pilates class...
such a different workout.. less shock and more flow...

:D

thank you martinionrox :smile:

in response to adorefaith, it does kind of not feel like anything is happening when i'm on the elliptical, but i kind of like that.. i feel like i'm cheating a workout in a way. although i know i am burning however amount of calories and toning up while doing it. it isn't that easy though, i mean i do get out of breath and my legs DO get sore. i dont know. i just really like it.

thats it..
it does feel like 'cheating'..

on certain days though, i am all for cheating when it comes to working out..lol...!!

The elliptical trainer is the best! It's the "not working out" work out. It isn't taxing but I still sweat up a storm and get results. Like a lot of people here, running kills my knees and ankles so the elliptical is perfect :flower:

i heart the elliptical! its a daily staple- and its a really good work out, but you have to apply yourself. If you dont just "go with the flow" you can really test your fitness and go hard.

Yes I think its great! Its hard tho, not as smooth as a good run, IMO... your arms get a work out fo sho, personally tho- I prefer my run.

I am another user of the elliptical trainer and love it!! I do a setting on mine that is called 'Aerobic Workout' and it combines forwards/backwards, fast/slow, arms/legs. I try to do it 4 times a week for 30-45 minutes each time and after about two months I could really tell. It helped tone me up, along with yoga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"